KU programming subscriptions for FTA w/CI systems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AlexS

Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
Are there any providers whose programming is receivable in the continental US with an FTA receiver with a Common Interface slot? Do the providers supply the CAMs as well as the smart cards?

I'm interested in picking up both FTA and subscription content via DVB-compliant equipment, using both a reference receiver and a PCI tuner card. I don't have the space for a large C-band dish, so I'll need to stick to what's available in the KU-band.

Other than Globecast (who force you to use their receiver) there really isnt anything subscription on KU.

There might be a couple ethic channels that you need a card for (AMC4 has a couple channels)

Just a question - since no one is using them, why the heck to Pansats and other fta receivers have the slots? Are they used over in Europe or something?

If I can get a C-band dish up at an alternate location, are there any subscriptions that can be purchased for that?

AlexS said:
If I can get a C-band dish up at an alternate location, are there any subscriptions that can be purchased for that?
I know of none that are FTA w/CI, but you can get subscriptions with a VCII (Videocypher 2) capable analog receiver or a 4dtv (Digicypher 2 and VC2) receivers.

Al

Hmmm. I really need the DVB signals. Oh well, I'll have to find another source.

Thanks to all for the help!

- Alex

mastermesh said:
Just a question - since no one is using them, why the heck to Pansats and other fta receivers have the slots? Are they used over in Europe or something?

yes. Some porgramming in Europe uses a card slot

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts