Kudos to Dish (and D* as well)

Purogamer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 19, 2005
Mentor, Ohio
Actually I guess it's for everyone who provides television. Say what we will about buggy software, not getting deals, not getting information, etc...But I just was able to watch FREAKING astronauts pull filler from the bottom of the FREAKING space shuttle...IN FREAKING SPACE...on my television...

While I could complain that it wasn't in High-Def, or even smooth video, I just realize how much we take for granted and how far we've come. We're not still trying to use rabbit ears to catch a SD signal to watch NBC, and that's awesome.

To Dish Network, DirecTV and all the cable companies...Thank You!

It blows the mind that that video signal probably bounced back and forth between earth and space 5+ times before coming out your electron beam firing display device :)

The amazing thing is that NASA uses this arts-and-crafts felt material between the tiles in the first place, and that the astronauts were prepared to use makeshift tools to get it done, akin to butter knife and a coat hanger.

When it comes to space travel, I would think most people are expecting Star Trek, not McGuyver.

I'm surprised that someone hasn't blamed Charlie for the problem on the bottom of the shuttle. I'm almost positive that his decision not carrying ESPNU or currenTV or YES or some other channel is to blame for all of NASA's problems. If Charlie just wasn't so cheap, then maybe NASA wouldn't be having these problems!

It was covered on the Nasa channel, but all the news agencies carried the feed too, talking over it. NASA has a tendency to be quiet, or the audio is hard to understand because NASA is international...

Purogamer said:
We're not still trying to use rabbit ears to catch a SD signal to watch NBC, and that's awesome.

Instead, I'm trying to use rabbit ears to catch an HD signal to watch NBC-HD. :(

(I know, I could buy a better/roof-top antenna, but I'm hoping E* will go mpeg4 soon and give me HD locals)

GaryPen said:
I think this constant Dish-bashing on your part is uncalled for! Moderators! Moderators! Please close this thread!

Geez, can you believe some people! :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts