625 Vs 522

C1787GJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 19, 2005
MASSACHUSETTS
I currently have a 522, if I can get a 625 is it worth it? What is the main difference besides ON Demand, and is that even available yet?? Just curious to see what others think. Thanks!!

Chris

C1787GJ said:
I currently have a 522, if I can get a 625 is it worth it? What is the main difference besides ON Demand, and is that even available yet?? Just curious to see what others think. Thanks!!

Chris

Chris,

Don't bother. The only On-Demand stuff the 625 will download is some of the content on the PPV channels so you can buy on the spot.

Personally I don't see why anybody would pay an additional dollar to watch a PPV from your hard drive that Dish recorded for you instead of just watching a PPV feed live or you purchase and record a PPV event for later viewing.

The PPV channels do rotate some of the Movies but really I don't see the big deal. The On Demand software will not target non PPV content to record for some time to come. I'd wait till the new MPEG-4 DVR comes out to replace a 522.

John

Have you seen what is on that ondemand its horrible it just updated today or yesterday night and there are like 5 movies in there that are from 1979 ok maybe one but that's to much, like i said in another thread its worse than the voom monster channel. Keep your 522 no diff to me but the model number.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts