owning vs leasing

I own one of my two Hopper3 receivers and I own my Joey3 client. I do receive the price reduction from $7 to $5 for my Joey3. But I pay the full price of $15 for my purchased Hopper3. Dish agents have tried many times to get the reduced price for my purchased Hopper3. I have stopped trying. You have two Hopper with sling receivers that you own so that may be the difference.

Here is portion of my bill
Equipment$30.00
Hopper DVR Service$15.00
Hopper Receiver$15.00
Add-Ons$20.99
DISH Protect Gold$10.99
Access For Add'l TV$5.00
DISH Movie Pack 6 Mo (50% Off)$5.00

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That "Loyal customer" $12 fee for one of my HWS's is a grandfathered fee from before the rate was raised to $15 and is not related to my ownership of the receiver. If I replace the receiver, even with another owned HWS, I lose the discount.

Reactions: charlesrshell
That "Loyal customer" $12 fee for one of my HWS's is a grandfathered fee from before the rate was raised to $15 and is not related to my ownership of the receiver. If I replace the receiver, even with another owned HWS, I lose the discount.

I had the $12 Loyal Customer fee but the agent was unable to get the computer to accept the reduced price.

I had the $12 Loyal Customer fee but the agent was unable to get the computer to accept the reduced price.

It wasn't originally listed as a "Loyal customer" fee. Originally, it just stayed at $12 when the fee went to $15 for new customers as I recall. I don't remember when they started listing it as a "Loyal customer" fee.

Yep. "Loyal Customer fee" is not the standard fee. That's exactly what I'm saying. You got a grandfathered fee when you upgraded. I own my equipment and pay $15 AND $7 for the H3 and J3. That is the standard price. You have to be careful who you're getting info from.

Yep. "Loyal Customer fee" is not the standard fee. That's exactly what I'm saying. You got a grandfathered fee when you upgraded. I own my equipment and pay $15 AND $7 for the H3 and J3. That is the standard price. You have to be careful who you're getting info from.
I upgraded from a VIP211k to an HWS long before the $12 fee went up to $15. At the time I was told the fee increase was only for new subscribers.

I upgraded from a VIP211k to an HWS long before the $12 fee went up to $15. At the time I was told the fee increase was only for new subscribers.
I upgrade people every day. There's always exceptions, and it sometimes depends on who you get on the phone to make those exceptions. The standard fees of $15 for a hopper, $10 for hopper duo, $10 for super joey and $7 for a joey, leased or owned, are from Dish, not me. Anything you get cheaper is case by case for you. What I posted here comes straight from Dish. Customers paying less are grandfathered from old policy. A second hopper gets a lesser fee than the first, but that is also an out-of-the-box example.

I upgrade people every day. There's always exceptions, and it sometimes depends on who you get on the phone to make those exceptions. The standard fees of $15 for a hopper, $10 for hopper duo, $10 for super joey and $7 for a joey, leased or owned, are from Dish, not me. Anything you get cheaper is case by case for you. What I posted here comes straight from Dish. Customers paying less are grandfathered from old policy. A second hopper gets a lesser fee than the first, but that is also an out-of-the-box example.
"Grandfathered" is what I said right from the beginning. I also pay $5 each for a second owned HWS and an owned Joey. And I have never talked directly to a CSR regarding activation or my fees. My activations were all handled by email with the old DIRT reps. When DISH started the reduced fees for owned equipment my fees went down with no action on my part.

"Grandfathered" is what I said right from the beginning. I also pay $5 each for a second owned HWS and an owned Joey. And I have never talked directly to a CSR regarding activation or my fees. My activations were all handled by email with the old DIRT reps. When DISH started the reduced fees for owned equipment my fees went down with no action on my part.
Yeah, man. Never doubted you. It was all the talk about how much receivers are supposed to be, owned or leased. Sorry if it seemed like I was commenting against your posts. I'd like everyone to get a better rate.