Kudos to Dish

rklimaszewski

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 3, 2009
Old Lyme, CT
A few things have impressed me with Dish lately.

First, I never thought any provider would include a Netflix in their core hardware. This is truly fantastic and a brilliant move. The HWS is just a terrific piece of hardware.

The second has to do with an email I received this morning (which prompted me to post this). It was a reminder that my Multi-Sport offer was ending next month. All I had to do was log in and choose to stop that service when the offer expires. The instructions were even in the email. This is a nice way to keep a partnership.

This contrasts with the modus operandi of pretty much every service industry: give 'em a discount then whack it to 'em when they aren't looking (as just happened with the sucker-punch my electricity provider just threw me here in CT).

Dish, thank you.

I agree. They give you fair warning. I recently commented about this to my wife.

Sirrius XM is the worst company I ever dealt with. There is no way to cancel on line. They make you call and you get someone with bad English begging you to stay. Most of the conversation is Huh? or What?. If you forget to cancel on time, they charge you big time. I have 2 cars. A year ago I forgot to cancel and they took 200$ out of my checking account.

A few things have impressed me with Dish lately.

First, I never thought any provider would include a Netflix in their core hardware. This is truly fantastic and a brilliant move. The HWS is just a terrific piece of hardware.

The second has to do with an email I received this morning (which prompted me to post this). It was a reminder that my Multi-Sport offer was ending next month. All I had to do was log in and choose to stop that service when the offer expires. The instructions were even in the email. This is a nice way to keep a partnership.

This contrasts with the modus operandi of pretty much every service industry: give 'em a discount then whack it to 'em when they aren't looking (as just happened with the sucker-punch my electricity provider just threw me here in CT).

Dish, thank you.
So true! I posted a number of times that I thought they would never add Netflix, as it was a direct competitor to some of their programming. I also posted that I would be glad if I was wrong. So, I am and I am.

Reactions: Hall and Tampa8
I agree. They give you fair warning. I recently commented about this to my wife.

Sirrius XM is the worst company I ever dealt with. There is no way to cancel on line. They make you call and you get someone with bad English begging you to stay. Most of the conversation is Huh? or What?. If you forget to cancel on time, they charge you big time. I have 2 cars. A year ago I forgot to cancel and they took 200$ out of my checking account.
Oooh. Checking. That's why I use a credit card for SiriusXM. Also, if I call right after they whack me, I get a pro-rated refund for the difference. (Couldn't they do that with your debit card or ETF?) And...I threaten to cancel, and get another six-month promo price. Lather, rinse, repeat.

So true! I posted a number of times that I thought they would never add Netflix, as it was a direct competitor to some of their programming. I also posted that I would be glad if I was wrong. So, I am and I am.
I am in that very same boat. I could have sworn they wouldn't do it, but if they are looking at Netflix as a compliment service, instead of a competing service, it does make sense. I am very happy with the addition, even without a Netlflix subscription, it means we can have high hopes for the future products.

Add me to that list. I don't even want to see what I posted because I will probably feel even more foolish. Did not see that coming.

And Kudos to Bluegras who started the thread asking about it. There was a poster who said it has been tested but not released quite sometime before we heard about it. Will have to pay attention when he posts.... Not sure he wants attention so won't post who.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)