Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
I didnt know there was an update out from last month. Just installed it and the gui is much more quicker and responcive. Nice to see that pansat is still working to improve this reciver. Maybe if we can nudge them for an s2 blind scan. :)

Does that update kill the pvr function of the Pansat 9200? I beleive the 1205 firmware update disabled the pvr function, but fixed the scanning issues.

I had to go back to 1205 after I gave it a go. Still half the RTN's are missing video on G-18 with ver 1218. I also found that some of the Cband channels end up the same way with the new ver.

When my receiver was new I shipped it to them, they asked me to after they told me to update it and it still had the problem. They shipped it back and said it had the wrong software in it, this was the software from the Pansat site only as per them over the phone. It never did work out and shipping to them did nothing but waste everyones time, so I put ver 1205 in and now I can get the RTNs on G18 and the other Cband channels that would do the same thing.

I have passed it on to them via email and phone. They tell me they are working on it so we will see. Everyone needs to let them know I think.

I'm really sick of it responding to my other remotes. I mean for cryin out loud my Pioneer Tv remote changes channels on the Pansat from time to time. Don't get me wrong, I like the receiver but, how hard can it be to fix these items?

Buggy it is and they seem to not hear us FTA folks. I had talked to them before the 1218 update and they never addressed it.

Makes me wonder who they are supporting. I have a friend that wants to get into FTA and wants the few HD channels we can get but I do not know what receiver to recommend. For now the 9200 is out as they are not really techy and it would be hard for them to use with all the bugs in it, I would set it up for them.

I am even thinking of selling my 9200 if I can find a good HD reciver thats better at this point I would even give up blind scan.

I am hoping the Fortec HD receiver for North America will be released in sometime in 2009. I know that they have quality receivers with a very good blind scan. I just talked to Fortec and they started back on working on the HD unit recently.

I am hoping the Fortec HD receiver for North America will be released in sometime in 2009. I know that they have quality receivers with a very good blind scan. I just talked to Fortec and they started back on working on the HD unit recently.

Europe has had HD FTA receivers for years now. I wonder why North America is virtually ignored?

I had to go back to 1205 after I gave it a go. Still half the RTN's are missing video on G-18 with ver 1218. I also found that some of the Cband channels end up the same way with the new ver.
That's what I thought. Mine is still running 1205. And I noticed that when we put the new Sony TV, in the room w/the 9200, it doesn't respond to any remote but it's own now! The Audiovox TV remote made it change channels or volume every time! With the old software version it's a great box. I can lock a C-band HD football feed as low as 38% and watch the whole game. I don't think many receivers out there can do that. :cool::up

I have a friend that wants to get into FTA and wants the few HD channels we can get but I do not know what receiver to recommend. For now the 9200 is out as they are not really techy and it would be hard for them to use with all the bugs in it, I would set it up for them.

I am even thinking of selling my 9200 if I can find a good HD reciver thats better at this point I would even give up blind scan.

I decided to take the plunge and picked up a Coolsat 8100 HD. While I miss the blind scan, I have a Coolsat 7000 *and* a Coolsat 6000 handy to find transponders. I haven't hooked up the OTA antenna yet, but the from an FTA perspective it is a great receiver, if you can live without blind scan.

The CS 8100 has been on the radar here. With a channel editor and the laptop it should not be hard to update the info in it that you blind scan with a good blind scan receiver.

The 9200 has some good points and it would really be great if they get the bugs worked out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)