KXTV 10.1 in Sacramento, CA Area mapped wrong?

theph0xx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 2, 2004
Hi,

For some reason channel 10.1 in the Sacramento, CA area is not working properly. When choosing that channel it says that there is no signal and lists the channel name as KBSWD1 even tho the local station is KXTV. The channel 10.2 correctly shows KXTVD2 and comes in perfectly. I think this is a mapping issue. Hopefully, someone from Voom will see this and can work to correct it, or maybe someone here can pass it on to someone who can help. I'm suprised I haven't seen this mentioned somewhere its been going on for over a week now.

Absolutely right, thephOxx...I've seen it too, but don't watch KXTV enough to know if what I thought was true. I got so many new channels with the DMA (most of which I can't get a signal for) that I don't know where I am now...I'm thinking it may be more than just this issue. I'll try to bump it up on my priority list and try to get all us Sacto folks posting again soon, if they don't kick in now.

All "in your area" folks (wherever you are located!) do need to stick together and voice problems or kudos (as the case may be)...it really will help us all. Vicki :)

My guide shows channel 10 having much of the same programming as channel 3! Totally different networks. I was able to get channel 10 earlier tonight to watch LOST, but I have noticed that it will be unavailable quite often. I noticed the program guide was messed up a few days ago, but just figured I would see if it fixed itself. The strange thing is, it is not exactly the same programming as 3, just 'mostly the same'.
Mysteries of the universe.

Ps - So Vicki, how was your reception with the 24" dish during Sunday night's storm? I still have an 18" standard dish, so I lost reception a few times in the wind. Of course...my dish is screwed to a flat board on the ground next to my house. Then the board has sand bags on all corners to hold it down. It is a temporary solution while I wait for my 24" dish (actually it has been in place for over three years with DirecTV first, now Voom. - Hopefully I can match schedules with the installer this week and get that 24"er mounted to the permanent pole I put in a month ago...

This is why...

I reported this in the thread set aside for super DMA errors. I see the same thing. The channel 10-1 we now have is an NBC station (which is why it looks the same as channel 3) out of Salinas and as soon as the Voom engineers wade though all the issues, hopefully they will get this fixed. One workaround is to keep channel 7 from the bay area in your guide and the same programming (at least in prime time) should be on channel 10.

I've got a 24" dish as well up in Auburn, and it hangs in pretty well during the rain, although during the heavier stuff it still drops out a bit. Never had an 18" but a buddy of mine has one and he is not happy at the moment and is requesting an upgrade from Voom. I did mine pre-emptively for the initial install and I'm glad I did.

Cheers,

Doug

Doug, are you sure you are in the Sacramento area? There's no animal in your avatar... :D
Glad to hear the 24" dish makes a big difference for ya. I am eagerly awaiting mine! Also thanks for clearing up the whole 10.1 issue. Strange that we suddenly started getting the Salinas station on our guide. I'm just glad I got over being hooked on ALIAS and LOST before it happened.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)