L.A. Dodgers Sold To Magic Johnson & Group

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
fox doesnt have a new deal with the dodgers negotiations haven't even started as far as i know. fox sued to not even start talks until after this season
FOX has a deal that runs through 2014. The suit with FOX was about the loan McCourt was seeking from them.

ESPN said:
Sources with knowledge of the agreement told ESPNLosAngeles.com's Tony Jackson the group will purchase half of the Dodger Stadium parking lots, deemed to have a total value of $300 million, with McCourt keeping the other half.

Money fans pay to park at Dodger Stadium would go to the team, not McCourt, a source with knowledge of the situation stressed to ESPNLosAngeles.com. McCourt does not have any control over the land surrounding the stadium, although he could profit if the land is developed in the future.

Walter insisted McCourt will have only an "economic interest" in the land and not any control or influence over it.

"Frank's not involved in the team, baseball, any of that," Walter said in an interview with ESPNLosAngeles.com. "What Frank does have is an economic interest in land, but we control the parking and all the fan experience and that's of the utmost importance to us."
Los Angeles Dodgers sale -- Magic Johnson praised, deal dissected - ESPN Los Angeles

I was just going to post this as I just got it from ESPN LA. It's a different, updated article but it delivers the same message. This makes me (and I'm sure all of us) feel much better re: McCourt's involvement re: the land. Thanks for posting!

It asked for written assurance that Time Warner wasn't contributing funds being used for Guggenheim Baseball Management's purchase of the team from Frank McCourt and the incoming owners don't have any formal or informal agreements for the team's broadcast rights starting in 2014.

Seems like a far and reasonable thing for Fox and MLB to want to know. MLB rules require that teams outline their ownership structure, loans, etc to the Commissioner and Fox, as a creditor, has every right to know if there is going to be a fair bidding process for the TV rights.

Federal judge approves Dodgers sale

One step closer to the new ownership taking control next month.

One obstacle to Gross' approval was cleared in a morning hearing when FOX Sports withdrew its objection to the sale because the new owners pledged that Time Warner, a FOX competitor, was not a partner or investor of the purchasing group and had no agreement with the purchaser for a new Dodgers television contract. FOX holds Dodgers cable rights through the 2013 season.

Federal Judge approves Dodgers sale | dodgers.com: News

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)