L162 is downloading on 522

This Update Contains the OpenTV upgrade so now those who have received this software should be able to tune to Dish Network Channel 100

Scott Greczkowski said:
This Update Contains the OpenTV upgrade so now those who have received this software should be able to tune to Dish Network Channel 100

Yeah, I forgot about channel 100. It is the same as Menu - 4.

Mark_AR said:
6 Record Plus - Allows you to set 2 recordings at the same time. If the TV you are using is busy, it will push the recording to the other TV.​

I have tested this new feature by setting up recordings using the Guide and it works great . . . but only on TV2. From TV2, anything you set to record from the guide will set to record on TV1 (which is the default choice under this new Record Plus option) unless there is already a TV1 timer on that timeslot, then it will automatically assign the timer to TV2, very cool.

But when I try to set up recordings using the Guide from TV1 and if I try to record a show from the guide at the same time you have another TV1 timer set up it still gives you the usual timer conflict message.

It would make sense to me for this feature to work from either tuner.

???

outlaw93 said:
I have tested this new feature by setting up recordings using the Guide and it works great . . . but only on TV2. From TV2, anything you set to record from the guide will set to record on TV1 (which is the default choice under this new Record Plus option) unless there is already a TV1 timer on that timeslot, then it will automatically assign the timer to TV2, very cool.

But when I try to set up recordings using the Guide from TV1 and if I try to record a show from the guide at the same time you have another TV1 timer set up it still gives you the usual timer conflict message.

It would make sense to me for this feature to work from either tuner.

???

I haven't tried too much experimentation with this, but I am a little confused...

If I am watching a live show and press the record button, it gives me the option to record on TV1 or TV2 - that's great. However, if I set a timer from the Guide, it does not give me the option to set which tuner to use. I know the new preference is supposed to make it record on the preferred tuner, but this is not the same as being able to set which tuner to use from the guide manually (like you can when you just press record).

Furthermore, if you do start recording and select the other tuner (not the one you're watching), the only way you can stop the recording (if it's not on the timer or if you just want to manually stop it) is to go to the other TV and remote. If you go to the DVR menu, it will show the recording but will only let you stop it from the tuner you are recording on.

I don't see why it doesn't just let you specify which tuner to use when you set a timer or recording from the guide???

I love the upgrade so far. I do not really care about the Interactive, but I am enjoying the tuner control. It is working great for me so far. On TV2 everything records to TV1's tuner. On TV1 I can choose which tuner to set a record to. For instance, I can set up a record for my wife to watch later and keep watching what I am watching. Before, this required getting up and going to the other TV and remote. So far the experience has been smooth as 1.61, which by the way has been smooth for me :). Still no single mode, but the ability to control the other tuner was my main desire for it anyway. I suppose a tentative thank you to the Dish software engineers is in order from me... Have a great one!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)