L162 is downloading on 522

Anyone else get this yet? I think I may try to pick it up tonight if possible. Just curious what it fixes/breaks.

Someone said on the other boards that you can now control TV1 via UHF now and that you can also set a preferred tuner. So if your tuner is in use, it'll record on the other one.

AppliedAggression said:
Someone said on the other boards that you can now control TV1 via UHF now and that you can also set a preferred tuner. So if your tuner is in use, it'll record on the other one.
It sure does!

It pretty much adds most of the features that Scott reported on the other thread on the 721 sw.

Just make sure you have both tuners switched off and cross your fingers. I think they are sending the updates in packs by serial number or whatever. You can't force it. Believe me, I tried.

mjrusso45 said:
Just make sure you have both tuners switched off and cross your fingers.
Uhhh, how are you supposed to watch TV then ?? :D I mean, turning it off every night is reasonable...

Has anyone else received the update? I'm interested to know if PIP now works. And how long does it normally take for everyone to get software updates after they are released?

Still no update here... I've been turning the receiver "off" (by "off", I mean both tuners are off but the receiver itself is still "on" since it makes noise every once in a while, fans spin, etc ... this is "standby" mode, I'm assuming) overnight and during the day while we're at work.
curtvanjr said:
I'm interested to know if PIP now works.
From what I've read, you simply plug TV1 in like normal. Then you take one of the outputs for TV2 and connect it to another input on your TV. There are (2) outputs for TV2, coax and RCA. You'll need to use both remotes when you do this though. Will this mystery "L162" update fix it ?? Don't know.

hall said:
Still no update here... I've been turning the receiver "off" (by "off", I mean both tuners are off but the receiver itself is still "on" since it makes noise every once in a while, fans spin, etc ... this is "standby" mode, I'm assuming) overnight and during the day while we're at work. From what I've read, you simply plug TV1 in like normal. Then you take one of the outputs for TV2 and connect it to another input on your TV. There are (2) outputs for TV2, coax and RCA. You'll need to use both remotes when you do this though. Will this mystery "L162" update fix it ?? Don't know.

Just for the record, I had Dish installed Wednesday with the 522 and it shows the L162 software version in the menu system. However, I don't use it with PIP or anything (one output is on my living room TV and the other is on my PC TV Card).

I really like the receiver, but my most annoying bug is the audio drop out when you press Pause while watching something from the DVR or even if I pause live TV more than once. I have to press the Skip Back button and then Play again for it to come back (as a workaround) or FF or Reverse will work too.

Travis

curtvanjr said:
I got my update last night. I noticed a few changes in the menu but I didn't have time to see what all the changes were.
Same here... Channel 100 is now available and I also saw a menu option for the remotes. Just like you, I didn't have time to look around much more.

Downloaded 162 overnite also. No PIP. Tuner preference is now enabled. When I powered off TV2 this AM, the unit would not respond to the power button (all other funcs seemed to work OK). Had to reboot. Everything seems to work now.

mjrusso45 said:
Hmm, sounds like L162 went out to general distribution last night. Can't wait to go home and check it :)

Checked both of my 522's this morning and they were upgraded. Only major feature (aside from Dish home and games) is you can select which tuner to use while recording. If there is any other major features, please let me know, I'd like to use my system to it's fullest.

In order on your remote:
#4: Dish Home is now active.
1 Customer Service - Pay your bill, FAQ & Add packages. (None are active yet)(N/A=Not Active)​
2 News & Weather - Local Weather, Bloomberg(N/A) and Reuters, Horoscope by Kelli Fox​
3 Games & Learning (N/A)- PLayin TV, Kidwise, & Playjam​
4 Entertainment - Showtime Interactive, Zap2it(N/A), and TV Mag​
5 Sports - My Scores, Soccer, College Hoops​
6 Pay Per View N/A​
#6 System Setup
1 Installation - 6 TV1 UHF Pro Setup - Allows TV1 to be controlled by a UHF remote like TV2.​
#8 Preferences
6 Record Plus - Allows you to set 2 recordings at the same time. If the TV you are using is busy, it will push the recording to the other TV.​

Thats all I have seen so far.

On next update cycle, my 522 went into Hard DIsk Diagnostics & is doing a critical test.

Now I have to wait up to 45 minutes for it to tell me it just toasted itself. :yikes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)