L2.05 is on it's way!!!

The only improvement I've noticed is that the Done buttons on the Search and Search History screens now work properly.
No improvement in playback whatsoever.

Audio Sync Fixed

Well, the audio sync problem seems to be fixed for me. Didn't get one sync issue last night. I did however get a complete audio drop out and then it went black and white on me (that was a first).

Well... I was wrong.. When pausing and resuming, I get a LOAD of A/V skipping (more than before). When playing back a recorded event, it seems much better, UNLESS the show is still recording.

I still have all the same "features" as before with some new ones! Yeah!

Now, when I am working in the menu's and hit guide, my system reboots! What a great addition!

Also, while watching live TV, the video will go black while the sound continues!!! I guess this is for the blind customers..

When playing back recorded shows, sometimes the video plays without the sound! Hell yeah, can it possibly get better? Why yes it can!

Now, anytime a show is being recorded, when I watch a recorded show or live TV on the other channel, it glitches - freezes - chirps - and pixelates CONSTANTLY! Man this is some good $hit!

cheezwiz said:
I still have all the same "features" as before with some new ones! Yeah!

Now, when I am working in the menu's and hit guide, my system reboots! What a great addition!

Also, while watching live TV, the video will go black while the sound continues!!! I guess this is for the blind customers..

When playing back recorded shows, sometimes the video plays without the sound! Hell yeah, can it possibly get better? Why yes it can!

Now, anytime a show is being recorded, when I watch a recorded show or live TV on the other channel, it glitches - freezes - chirps - and pixelates CONSTANTLY! Man this is some good $hit!
I've had almost all of these "features" before the software upgrade.

maximum said:
I've had almost all of these "features" before the software upgrade.

Well I am sure glad they got mine up to speed with yours! I hate being left out of the crowd... :cool:

I've had the 522 a month. Just started getting the frequent A/V skips for the first time today, after pausing and resuming a live broadcast. Called Dish and they're sending out a new 522. Although after reading the posts here, I doubt it'll help for long.

It still seems to me that disk fragmentation could be to blame--especially since my problems didn't start until after a month of use. Does anyone know for sure if a defrag process runs as part of 522's regular self-maintenance?

my resources tell me that L2.05 is an update that activates some of the interactive games on the 522...exp: PlayinTv'..and some of a/v problems have been included in this update..there will be another update L2.06 in about 2 weeks enabling the full functionality of interactive TV channel....all games,customer serv,etc...

rhasselbaum said:
I've had the 522 a month. Just started getting the frequent A/V skips for the first time today, after pausing and resuming a live broadcast. Called Dish and they're sending out a new 522. Although after reading the posts here, I doubt it'll help for long.

It still seems to me that disk fragmentation could be to blame--especially since my problems didn't start until after a month of use. Does anyone know for sure if a defrag process runs as part of 522's regular self-maintenance?
the 522 calls out by default at 3:30 am to check for updates..after it "checks"it will go through a nightly disk defrag maintinance routine....NO it really does not have to do this every night..but its a 522 "problem" that we 522 beta testers ALL have to deal with..LOL :yes

Anyone with 2.05 already could verify the added game functionality. I've had it for maybe two weeks now, but don't look at "Dish Home" much. So little of it works, it's not worth the bother....

I have 2.05 and the games are available. Other DISH Home features still do not work (viewing bill, etc).

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I'd much rather have NBR or the A/V problems fixed before the games.
Games: whoop-de-freakin'-do!

Bizzach said:
I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I'd much rather have NBR or the A/V problems fixed before the games. Games: whoop-de-freakin'-do!
Same thing I said when people mentioned that Called ID *needed* fixed. Uhhh, let's prioritize things... Caller ID would be pretty low on my list (and I do use it, but could live without it).

Yes, I can live without the interactive stuff -- heck, I've lived without most of it this long . . .
They need to concentrate on fixing the basic playback problems before introducing any new functionality.

I would bet that the skipping issue came out with Dual mode (1.69 to 2.01) and they have yet to be able to resolve it out short of replacing the box. That being the case, it's pretty unlikely they would ever admit it so they tell every customer they have never heard of it and their issue is unique. In either case, they are always thinking of the customer first which is why existing customers get the latest and greatest PVR's right? Oh yeah, that's new customers only, don't know what I was thinking.

It used to skip before Dual mode but not as bad. They can't resovle it even with replacing the box (I've had four of them and they all have the skipping/freezing problem). Maybe they need to go back to version 1.69 until they get the playback issues resolved.

Just wanted to add my agreement about this - who cares about caller ID, Dish Home, etc., when the A/V problems are seemingly getting worse with each new product release. The 2.05 hasn't eliminated any of the sound drops / skipping / freezing / chirping when not watching Live TV, at least on my machine, and that problem should be solved before one second of effort is devoted to ANY other feature.

BTW, I agree almost all problems existed before 2.05, but GweeDo767's "lock up every night while I sleep feature" seems to be happening a lot more now. My last two recording attempts (both in the past week) both failed because of this lockup issue. The straw that broke the camel's back hasn't happened yet, but I'm pretty d@mn close to being there. Very, very frustrating...

ive never had ONE single problem with my 522.....maybe its some people's ambition in life to b*tch about every little thing that bothers them.ive been in the buisness for 31 yrs and never saw such a bunch of people so obsessed with thier 522........sorry,people just piss me off,you can call it a long day working around people.....hence,dish network customers.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)