L2.06 Stinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

blockisle9

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
I had my 522 for about 4 or 5 months and had different software versions and NEVER had any recording problems.
This version is the first to give me grief!! Bad timing to, this week I tried to record two shows NESN's recap of the Red Sox season and the Red Sox Parade. Well the Red Sox recap had 12 hours of no audio, so that was worthless!! Then the parade, that was loaded with Audio Lost, AV out of Sync and Pixalated!!! Try putting that on a DVD to save!!
I WANT L2.05 BACK!!!!
I guess when I need to record something I need to save I have to use my VCR.
Thanks for letting me vent.

Try doing a hard reset. If that doesn't work, unplug and replug the rcvr. Sometimes software updates need some encouraging.

I tried after the first F@#$ Up with the one with 12 hrs of no audio it didn't help bring back the audio, also the hard reset was done before the second recording was done, so I guess it didn't help!! I wish I could do a disk maintenance on my own and try that.

blockisle9 said:
I had my 522 for about 4 or 5 months and had different software versions and NEVER had any recording problems.
I WANT L2.05 BACK!!!!

I continue to be surprised at how widely people's experiences vary with this machine. I've had my 522 about 5-6 months, and 2.05 was probably the buggiest my machine has behaved in that period. On the other hand, 2.06 is the first concrete step in the right direction I think I've seen them make. It's still glitchy, but it's behaving much better for me than it was with 2.05.

Does anyone know who we could email when we have problems with the 522 and actually get a response. I previously saw a telephone number listed and agreed that we should start calling or else the problems may never get fixed. If we could find a reliable email address that might encourage more people to participate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts