L2.38 Software Update for Model 625

I have it. I must be first on their list for these things. A quick glance did not show anything, except maybe an option in System Setup-->Installation--->TV Enhancements which you and enable or disable. Is that new? I don't know what it does, but I just Enabled it.

It still takes two pushes of the Power button on the remote to turn a tuner on.

Wow. Another version. I'm guessing they are fixing bugs introduced the last release.

I'm going to make an open suggestion to anyone from E* that might be reading. Establish a set group of beta testers so you can find these bugs before wide release. I'm sure you could get a decent size pool of volunteers just from here alone.

I don't understand why the 942 , which is based on the 522 software , menus , guides, etc, is more rock solid in the way it works , while the 522 is not. Why don't they use the same people that did the 942 to fix the 522? Then again the same thing exists on the 721/921. Two different groups do the software on both too.

Based on posts here and elsehwere (not always a good indicator, IMHO) there were some problems with 2.37. I'm not surprised 2.38 is coming out, although I'm curious because I'm still at 2.35! Things have been working fairly well lately, though, so I'm not complaining.

CygnusTM said:
I'm going to make an open suggestion to anyone from E* that might be reading. Establish a set group of beta testers so you can find these bugs before wide release. I'm sure you could get a decent size pool of volunteers just from here alone.
Good idea. Unfortunately ... been there ... done that. Has anybody else that was with me in the "522 Testers Program" still around here? Have you heard anything from Dish since about January (or was it December)? We weren't really beta testers, more like "bug trackers". Trying to trace down the bugs that were already out there, and Dish's attempts to fix the bugs.

Since L237, I have to go to TV2 and turn it on. Otherwise, it brings up a check switch when it comes on to record, preventing the DVR from working on TV2 until the check is addressed manually at TV2 location, even if TV1 is not in use, which it seems to think is the case. It is great to have solved the audio lag problem, but it introduced several new glitches such as the one above. Let's hope L238 does better. I've had my 522 since January, and as an engineer, it often flummoxes me. I can only guess what it does to the non-technical!

This is getting a bit ridiculous. I wonder if it's the same problem re-occuring that they can't fix or if they are creating new problems with each release. Does anyone remember there ever being this many current versions out for a single receiver?

As I saw on other site, L2.38 spooling for those PVR's R00 what have L2.37.
Why both L238 and L237 still sending down ? Big secret ! :D
BTW, those numbers are 58087868-61287867.

all the updates that were released today and yesterday had fixes for check switches and the sys info screen / super diagnostics. Not too exciting of an update...

supereal said:
Since L237, I have to go to TV2 and turn it on. Otherwise, it brings up a check switch when it comes on to record, preventing the DVR from working on TV2 until the check is addressed manually at TV2 location, even if TV1 is not in use, which it seems to think is the case. It is great to have solved the audio lag problem, but it introduced several new glitches such as the one above. Let's hope L238 does better. I've had my 522 since January, and as an engineer, it often flummoxes me. I can only guess what it does to the non-technical!

Whew, I thought it was just me! (The problem you described, not the flummoxes part). :)

I realize that it may make too much sense, but wouldn't it have been much better to fine tune these software patches BEFORE they released them? I have been doing satellite TV since 1985, and I have never seen such a Chinese firedrill as this cascade of 522 glitches and fixes! Apparently, the rush for market share far outran the ability to deliver a workable product! Maybe it is a subsidiary of NASA!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts