L215 for 921 installed

spiderg8r

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 13, 2004
Some fixes noticed so far ... Local programming information now available for OTA (no I don't have locals through dish already), grey bays actually touch picture in grey bar format, sd channels are not streched in program guide mini display, inactivity mode added - shuts down after four hours of inactivity.

also adds games and configureable weather report (current and 5 day for a list of cities you choose) to 'interactive tv' box on menu.

If your 921 does not show l215 try a soft reboot it works for many of us....

Jon

Features found so far:
(good) Search shows intermediate results and a count as it goes.
(good) Search history delete works for one item per click.
(bad) If you delete search item from a page all items after that page are inaccessible until you restart the history. Solution: start from the bottom of the whole list. [wrong: it does go on to next item.]
(bad) The info-button overlay on programming is not translucent/darker/back but solid gray/back except around the edges. (ok) It is 2 way instead of 3 way. [wrong: only the first day, now back to normal.]
(still missing) Ratings on mini preview of guide selection. Yeah, I'm one of those that looks for 3+/4 stars. Full title is truncated without large underlaid show window versus small upper "quadrant". (Access: menu-6-9-more-check box.)
(good) I had not tried the interactive menus, thought we would not get them.
-Ken
[New: lots of reboots required because of loss of button control. Mostly when clicking fast in DVR menus.]

Wow. I had given up on getting the local program information. This is really nice. Finally something to be happy about!!!

And they appear to have finally fixed the Closed Captioning problem on 720p OTA braodcasts ...

I would think it is where your locals are broadcast from but someone correct me if I am wrong. Here in the Twin Cities its 110, so I would think that is where mine is broadcast from, basically mirroring my subscribed locals. It is not OTA info.

Mine unexplicably locked up two days ago.

921 might have been on for 10 or 12 hours straight that day.

I was watching 'Equator-HD' channel and went to review something for a better look and the screen froze.(about 30 seconds back)

I could get the guide to come up after about 30-40 seconds of fiddling with remote, but the picture was froze and no channel changing or DVR/menu/SD/HD buttons worked. Power did.

I shut the 921 off(verified no front panel lights) and it still had the picture on the screen exactly like when it was on-froze-.

Soft reset(power-button) fixed it.

Hope that we aren't going backward instead of forward with these revisions and that mine was an isolated incendent.

I can't get it to reproduce so I can't call E* and tell them what causes it.

drod said:
Is the local OTA guide information coming off sat 110 or does the guide info come ota as well?
The 8-9 day guide comes from 110 for DVRs only. The 2-day guide from all. The 2-program guide from somewhere. You see that when the a full guide download has not happened.
-Ken

I think the L215 will greately improved the trick play functions of the 921. To bad the 921 couldn't have been this way a year ago.

Well, L215 brought on a ZSR-type bug for me.

In the event list, the recording looked fine, but had a black screen. After playing with it to try to figure out what was wrong, I lost 150 hours of recordings. :(

Yeah, yeah, I know - dump to tape - BUT THE DAMN SD OUTPUT IS WORTHLESS and has been for several releases. I was hoping that L215 would finally LET me dump stuff to tape.

Add me to the list. My 921 worked flawlessly for the past 3 months, now with the 215 update I'm rebooting everyday. What is happening is my local antenna channels need to be retuned everyday. ANyone else seeing this also?

When it was working, like the previous release, it was great. Now mine is acting up a lot.
More reboots in a week than in the last six months. Also losing locals like bkushner.
This machine has turned into a big disappointment. If it did what it was originally supposed to do it would be worth $1000, but in its current state, it isn't worth $100. I sure hope Dish finds some way to make it up to those of us that spent big bucks on our 921.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts