L3.66 for 622

NetWhiz

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 19, 2006
Anyone know what was fixed in this release and why this instead of L4.01? I checked my receiver this afternoon and saw it went from L3.65 to L3.66 with nothing from L4.01 included.

It's on the home page...
SATELLITEGUYS.US HOMEPAGE said:
622's begin to see software update
This morning Dish Network has started rolling out a software update to the 622. it is not the L4.01 software update which was promoted on the last tech chat. SatelliteGuys.US has been told that the L4.01 update has been "suspended indefinitely".

This mornings software update only addresses the daylight savings time fix, as daylight savings time starts earlier this year on March 11th.

Because of this we would not expect to see L4.01 released until after March 11th.

Update 11:02am - We just got an phone call telling us the L4.01 software has been temporarly delayed and not "suspended indefinitely"

Thanks tawhite.

Not everyone reads the homepage 120inna55, but thanks for the info too.

It's on the home page...

you mean they delayed the update.. again? never!!! say it's not so.. wow.. I guess we are a product of our enviroment!.. Microsoft is always late, so why not EVERY TECH company.

ohh well.. we'll see.

any real reasons for the Delay?!?

They're releasing L3.66 for the VIP 622 again tonight.

2/28/2007: 1102 Software Version L3.66 for ViP 622 DVR
Effective Thursday, March 1st, Engineering plans to spool the FULL PHASE of software version L3.66 for the ViP 622 DVR receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.

At this time L3.66 will be the valid software version for the ViP 622 DVR.

Now if I go to Dish Home, 2, 5 (TWC), I can change the default and SAVE it.

Even though I could change cities and/or zip codes, the default would not save. However, maybe the power down I did a few days ago corrected that.:eureka

Got it last night and had no sound over HDMI this morning. Luckily came back when I rebooted the recevier.

S~

Did I just not see it before, or did 3.66 add additional guide display options? I sure don't remember the extended guide options before. :confused:

Although I've already had the latest software update/download, my receiver did its schedule daily EPG update this morning 2 hours late. I wonder if the internal clock is screwed up with the Daylight Savings Time update. The receiver was off and there were not any shows being recorded at the regular scheduled time.:confused:

Just FYI, the "light", either at your router or the 622 means that a physical, electrical connection exists. It does NOT mean that data is flowing between the two.

For example, reboot a PC and watch the light on your router. As soon as the PC restarts, the light will turn on. Networking is a "service" that doesn't run until the OS (the case with Windows, Linux, etc) starts it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts