L365 Bugs

Poke

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 3, 2003
13,886
237
OK
Cool thats good! Yeah well will be interesting to see what folks have the ones that are having issues..
 
Poke

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 3, 2003
13,886
237
OK
That would be my guess rockymtnhigh on the letter.. Im not totally for sure since I dont have a DVR. But still there are still diffrent version on the 622 and this is somthing that could help with the issue to see which version of box seems to have that bug... But when I get a chance I will try to go to my friends place who is a local reseller and look at one first hand. Not for sure if Dish has any good back photos of them on their site. But what you said makes sense..
 
Jolard

Jolard

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 9, 2004
189
0
Another person with the pause bug. I have hard rebooted and still have the same problem.

If I am watching live tv and hit pause, it doesn't appear to matter how long I have it paused (even up to 2 minutes) and when I hit pause again or play to start it will skip forward to live tv.

If while paused I hit the skip back button, it does appear to work just fine from them on, i.e. I can pause and restart as many times as I want from that show, as long as I don't get back to live tv. Once I do the pause bug starts again.

This is a MAJOR breakdown in the DVR functionality, and HAS to be fixed. Pausing is a basic DVR function.
 
H

hzhao

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
May 24, 2004
280
0
Like I said earlier, I don't have the "Pause" bug so far. I have both C & D boxes.
 
Poke

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 3, 2003
13,886
237
OK
Yeah check your version Jolard too see what you have..
 
abricko

abricko

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 12, 2006
559
0
Greater Los Angeles area.
I have the pause issue with live TV... it's an annoying bug but not a show stopper like the last set of bugs in the previous software (come one deleting a watched show killed the unit's audio until you do a reboot... that's an issue)

While it's annoying it's not a showstopper and seems to work fine with dvr'd events

I have an A box.
 
Pepper

Pepper

DVR Addict~Mad Scientist
Supporting Founder
Mar 16, 2004
8,191
1,058
Satsuma, AL
Is the pause issue really a "bug" or is it more of "we no longer infringe TiVo's patent for pausing live TV" ?

:D

Mine doesn't exhibit the problem for some reason. It's has a "D" as the last character of the mainboard number if that makes any difference.
 
Last edited:
rockymtnhigh

rockymtnhigh

Thread Starter
Hardly Normal
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
30,193
917
Normal, IL
Pepper said:
Is the pause issue really a "bug" or is it more of "we no longer infringe TiVo's patent for pausing live TV" ?

:D

I guess. It seems like it is giving them too much credit. Given how quickly they went through two betas to get this fix out, I am doubtful about that argument.

But so far, I still don't see reports of audio dropouts/lockups. SO maybe they fixed the MAJOR problems. I can deal (in the short term anyway) with the annoyance of having to pause and then skip back 15 seconds to get it to work; I CAN'T deal with the dang thing locking up.
 
abricko

abricko

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 12, 2006
559
0
Greater Los Angeles area.
I truly do believe this pause issue is a *bug* and not E* trying to clean up / remove features that TIVO is suing them for... because they'd have to remove a lot more than pausing... basically if TIVO is to win this suit (in the end) all DVRs would have to be shutdown or else E* would have to pay them licensing... this is why the *patent* that TIVO holds is total BS, they did not invent the DVR they arguably improved it!
 
jdr01930

jdr01930

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2005
427
3
Gloucester, MA
Jolard said:
Another person with the pause bug. I have hard rebooted and still have the same problem.

If I am watching live tv and hit pause, it doesn't appear to matter how long I have it paused (even up to 2 minutes) and when I hit pause again or play to start it will skip forward to live tv.

If while paused I hit the skip back button, it does appear to work just fine from them on, i.e. I can pause and restart as many times as I want from that show, as long as I don't get back to live tv. Once I do the pause bug starts again.

This is a MAJOR breakdown in the DVR functionality, and HAS to be fixed. Pausing is a basic DVR function.


Same problem here. I tested it last night while still on L363 and didn't have the problem.
Just tested again now that I have L365 and now I have the pause problem.

Thanks for the tip about Skip Back as a work around, Jorland - I'll check that out.
 
O

odbrv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 21, 2004
1,026
306
Lubbock, Tx
rockymtnhigh said:
I was able to reboot, and the pause on live issue is still there. But the workaround of skipping back once does seem to work.

As far as the argument that this only happens for pauses of less than 10 seconds, that does NOT seem to be the case. It is still jumping to live tv.

Both of my 622s fits the above problem.
 
tigershere

tigershere

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 6, 2006
460
0
its a bug and i got the only 622 in my area so i assume its a a or b
i justwant it fixed as i pause tons as i get tons of calls and the workaround i found is not the fix. If you watch the counter right after pausing it seems to count erratic and i never noticed that before

i had none of the other bugs in the last build. Now i have this one, ughh
 
H

hzhao

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
May 24, 2004
280
0
OK. I finally had some time to test this on all 622s (4 "C" and 2 "D"), all of them have no "pause bug". All of them are acting the same:

Pause on Live TV, press Pause (or Play) to un-pause, it actually reverse back few frames and played. Subsequent Pause and un-pause will be at the xactly frame.

Pause recorded contents, no reverse frames in first pause.
 
Last edited:
rockymtnhigh

rockymtnhigh

Thread Starter
Hardly Normal
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
30,193
917
Normal, IL
Interesting. Sounds like this bug is like the experiences people had with L3.63; some have problems, and some do not.

I appreciate the extensive testing!
 
johninbricknj

johninbricknj

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 29, 2004
179
13
Brick NJ 08723
opposite

jdr01930 said:
Same problem here. I tested it last night while still on L363 and didn't have the problem.
Just tested again now that I have L365 and now I have the pause problem.

Thanks for the tip about Skip Back as a work around, Jorland - I'll check that out.
I tested last night, had 363 with pause problem. Got 365 last night and problem is resolved.
 
rockymtnhigh

rockymtnhigh

Thread Starter
Hardly Normal
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
30,193
917
Normal, IL
johninbricknj said:
I tested last night, had 363 with pause problem. Got 365 last night and problem is resolved.

Well that makes the bug even harder for the E* engineers to fix, doesn't it!

Some apparently had the bug in 363, but it was fixed in 365; others did not have the bug in 363, but have it in 365. :eek:
 
Last edited:
Tom Bombadil

Tom Bombadil

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
May 5, 2005
3,601
1
Chicago-Milwaukee Region
I've got it. Just paused for 10 seconds, 15 seconds, 20 seconds, 32 seconds, and 63 seconds then hit either play or pause and it immediately went to live.
 
abricko

abricko

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 12, 2006
559
0
Greater Los Angeles area.
This is why E* needs a form on their website to submit a proper bug report. CSRs are fine for the average viewer who wouldn't understand what a bug is. I personally can't stand calling E* support to submit a bug.

I think we can do better... we should come up with a form we can fill out then copy and paste into an email and send to dishquality email (or even ceo) each time we find a bug... i'm not suggesting this to annoy them (or complain to get free stuff) I really want us and our bug reports to be organized and sent to dish engineers so they can improve the quality of our receivers.

So if anyone can volunteer to write a good form (with all the important/useful info) maybe we can make a (closed) sticky post so we can use as a template to email dishquality.

Just a thought.

rockymtnhigh said:
Well that makes the bug even harder for the E* engineers to fix, doesn't it!

Some apparently had the bug in 363, but it was fixed in 365; others did not have the bug in 363, but have it in 365. :eek:
 
rgerst

rgerst

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 7, 2006
115
0
Fairhope, AL
I just finished watching a show that I recorded earlier today and I have found a strange rewind and fast forward bug. While watching the show, I pressed rewind and I got a lot of strange pixelation and the show seemed to be rewinding very very slowly. I then tried fast forward and the show seemed to jump back about 30 seconds. I tried this on three seperate occasions and i got the same results.
 
tigershere

tigershere

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 6, 2006
460
0
rgerst said:
I just finished watching a show that I recorded earlier today and I have found a strange rewind and fast forward bug. While watching the show, I pressed rewind and I got a lot of strange pixelation and the show seemed to be rewinding very very slowly. I then tried fast forward and the show seemed to jump back about 30 seconds. I tried this on three seperate occasions and i got the same results.


I have seen that in the past. It's not often but I have seen it. I think the recording was mucked as I tested other old events and they were fine.

Back to the pause bug

Seems a FEW had it on 363 and the fix broke the majority that didn't have it.
well, that's great......NOT!

Did anyone not have it on 363 and not have it on 365 ?
 

Similar threads

D
Replies
0
Views
1K
David_Levin
D
David
Replies
55
Views
6K
Pepper
Pepper
C
Replies
8
Views
2K
Character Zero
C
Reefer123
Replies
25
Views
4K
RobertsD
R
120inna55
Replies
107
Views
10K
rjfrandle
rjfrandle

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Top