L4.01 For ViP622 Is Coming!

It not definate it will spool then I am told it has been tentaivly scheduled for Partial release on Thursday, in fact I was told its a 50 / 50 shot it would go out then.

I hope it does, cant wait for some new goodies. :)

It not definate it will spool then I am told it has been tentaivly scheduled for Partial release on Thursday, in fact I was told its a 50 / 50 shot it would go out then.

I hope it does, cant wait for some new goodies. :)

What new goodies is it gonna be? And will they partially work?:haha :haha :haha :haha

I thought Tech Chat said end of the month (with no specific date), but I may be wrong. I just hope that it is stable. I'll take a new goodie or two at a time as long as the stability is there. BUT we don't want anything like the release that gave us the TV Entertainment and Movies and More but crashed all over the place.

Maybe I'm missing it, but I don't see anything about a L4.01 Release for the 622 on that link. Did they remove it?

<font color="#0080FF"><b>2/21/2007: 1100</b></font> <b>Software Version L4.01 for ViP 622 DVR</b>
<p>
Effective <b><font color="red">Thursday, February 22nd</font></b>, Engineering plans to spool a PARTIAL PHASE of software version <b>L4.01</b> for the <b>ViP 622 DVR</b> receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at <b>ALL</b> satellite locations.
<p></p>
At this time <b>L3.65 and L4.01</b> will be the valid software versions for the <b>ViP 622 DVR</b>.

It's hidden....They also have a bunch of releases for Thursday, including the 211/411.

Hasn't Dish learned not to hide stuff from us?

We have some of the smartest people in the world here and they always find the hidden stuff. :D

I guess it might be time to hook that Ethernet port up on my 622. I'll have to go down to the utility room and put in a patch cable to that jack.

But it sounds like some cool features in this release.

HD DVR channel preference (had caused me to lock out all SD copies of simulcast channels)
HD Guide improvements (all looks good to me)
Side by Side PIP.

Last edited:
I thought it was determined that we weren't getting DishOnline with this release. So I don't think there is any point in plugging in that ethernet cable yet. At least it wasn't mentioned on the Tech Chat, so I doubt it will be out.

Hello, I'm new here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)