L4.01 For ViP622 Is Coming!

The source for this was Dish Network on their Tech Chat.

This was staring the President and Vice President of the company. You would think that those two sources would be good enough. But guess not.

When the poster posted it here last week that the software was going to be released, notice I said it was Tentativly (sp) scheduled. Then I also posted that it was pulled.

Last night around 11:30pm my time I got a note from a contact telling me that 4.01 has been suspended indefinately.

I can only report what I hear, but as you see what I reported is a lot more accurate then that the president of Echostar has reported. :)

The reason why it has been postponed indefinitely would be very interesting since it was reported to be very stable.

I just got a call from someone who tells me the L4.01 software has been "Temporarly delayed" not "delayed indefinately"

I am also told that when it is released people will enjoy it.

I guess I can add this to the Weather Channel local info on channel 214 that will never show up.....

I love the number of channels they offer, but E* REALLY makes me want to bang my head into a wall sometimes....

I was looking forward to that side by side PIP. Ya know, so I can enjoy that LAST season of Extra Innings......

You will find that update list highly inaccurate as well.

The only sure thing is when you finally see it for yourself. :) (I guess where the phrase "I'll believe it when I see it" comes from. :)

All kidding aside I do appreciate it Scott. I try to remember not to shoot the messenger.

I appreciate the effort too, Scott. That's why I donated to this site and purchased from Dish Store. This is the best source of information I have found, by far.

Its a 5 year old Sony... not quite ancient. The HD is not as good as the newest TV's I've seen that have 1080p resolution, but its hardly bad enough to toss the set yet.

Not bad, am on a 12 year old Barco Rear projection. Its 4x3 and 67inches. Of course it does 1080i or 720p no sweat. I like the 4x3 personally because i watch so much SD and it gives me the full size on screen.

It would be nice to not Zoom the SD content thats shown on HD channels, but no biggie, when its not HD I record it from an SD channel so its full size.

-Jonathan

I just got a call from someone who tells me the L4.01 software has been "Temporarly delayed" not "delayed indefinately"

I am also told that when it is released people will enjoy it.

I'm not shooting the messenger...... so this is not directed at you Scott.... I appreciate all the information you give us here.

but whoever told you that..."we'll enjoy it" -- I really take that with a grain of salt. I mean...yeah, we may enjoy it, but we definately will not be as excited about it as we were before.

I'm so frustrated I just don't care about it anymore. I love Dish.... I wouldn't use anyone else. I'm just tired of their broken promises.... and the let downs. Don't tell us we will have it soon until you know it for sure DISH! Between this and the the external storage they kept saying was soon... and now in July, and then when they miss that date.. Whatever!

Like you said... I'll believe it when I see it.

Dish - "It's About Time" :eek:

Well, in order for them to temporarily delay the update, they must have found something that they knew would cause an issue or issues and decided to fix it before they crippled too many receivers.

Be thankful that they would not be pushed, even by all our ire.

Well, in order for them to temporarily delay the update, they must have found something that they knew would cause an issue or issues and decided to fix it before they crippled too many receivers.

Be thankful that they would not be pushed, even by all our ire.

Yea maybe the 6 months they have been working on it wasn't long enough. :rolleyes:
Maybe we would all be better off if they never updated the software again, because it might cause a problem or three.
:eureka Or maybe they could just focus on a consistent release schedule.

Hello, I'm new here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)