L4.02, will it happen this week?

Yeah, check switch, front panel reset etc, I even sang it several courses of the four letter serenade :) The day after I received the update my receiver locked up and I had to pull the plug to get it to respond again, thankfully that hasn't happened again. I'm not alone, I've read of several others with the same issue. The slow channel changes are only on the real MPEG4 channels, the ones off 129 are the worst. I think this problem may be related to how the new software interacts with different Switch/LNBF combinations, at least that might explain why some are experiencing it and others not. It goes like this: Change channel..1..2..banner appears with black screen...3...4...5.... banner disappears ...6......7... Sound...8...9... Picture!

My setup:
D-1000 w/DP Twin - 110/119
30" Dish with DP/Dual - 129
DP-34 Switch

NightRyder
Not that this will help solve all the ills, but it happens to me on HD channels (NGHD, HGTVHD, ect.) I had the first check switch tonight.

They can target it to those receivers at L366 or below. Those with L401 would stay put. Same as now with L401 going to those at or below L365 and the rest of us stuck on L366. That way L401 and L402 will be current.

I don't think so. It doesn't make sense to have two different software versions out there. I think this is just like last time, send it out to some to see what problems pop up.

Remember shortly after the 622 was released? They couldn't get enough of them quick enough. My guess is they had more than one source. Even if they didn't, I think there were slight modifications in production batches. We even had threads here about what appeared to be variations in how "bugs" affected the 622s and how that seemed to correlat with units with different suffix letters (A thru E then I believe).

For example. back then, only certain units had the "screaming shut-down" problem, just like now. I think there are slight hardware variations of this receiver (at least the earlier models) and 4.01 introduced something that affected only certain ones. I also think that Dish sometimes sends unannounced "software adjustments" down.

They can target it to those receivers at L366 or below. Those with L401 would stay put. Same as now with L401 going to those at or below L365 and the rest of us stuck on L366. That way L401 and L402 will be current.

My 622 had L3.65, then L3.66, and now has L4.01. Your logic is not totally correct, only speculation.

Remember shortly after the 622 was released? They couldn't get enough of them quick enough. My guess is they had more than one source. Even if they didn't, I think there were slight modifications in production batches. We even had threads here about what appeared to be variations in how "bugs" affected the 622s and how that seemed to correlat with units with different suffix letters (A thru E then I believe).

For example. back then, only certain units had the "screaming shut-down" problem, just like now. I think there are slight hardware variations of this receiver (at least the earlier models) and 4.01 introduced something that affected only certain ones. I also think that Dish sometimes sends unannounced "software adjustments" down.

I seriously doubt that the plan is to have different receiver versions on different software versions. It doesn't make sense going forward. They would have to write different code for each of these segments and then they would have to test each separately. That is way too much to try to keep up with. As far as "unannounced software adjustments", I disagree 100%. That isn't how software versions work. Each software version (eg L4.01) stays the same until a new software version comes out. Again, otherwise the tracking would be nuts. Fun to talk about, but it just doesn't make sense.

I also think that Dish sometimes sends unannounced "software adjustments" down.
You mean without changing the software version # ?? I doubt it... And if they did, P Smith would still see it. Then again, he wouldn't. He'd only see the label they've given it and no way to know if it's the same internally or not. Maybe he needs to capture the download and generate checksums or something. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)