L4.03 on 622

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Clean NVRAM and all the counters will gone - it was mentioned in a thread about overheating 622. Plus everything what you did setup will gone too ! ;)

I have noticed that some of my recordings that are protected have issues now. I can play the recorded programs but if I fast forward too much or skip too far ahead my lock shows up and I have to unlock program to continue watching. This did not happen before that I was aware of.

i have a 15:12 but i have not seen any issues with the video. No reboots, nada
I did have 4.01 for a good while and never checked this counter so i will see what happens now that i have 4.03

Man this sucker is hot with average HDD temp avg 125

I read reports of temps about this high but it works and has not locked up in months and i abuse the FF/skip/etc

i looked at a few alerts

The miniwatchdog=0
kernal 0
os monitor WD 0:0
boot rec = 0
Modulator status 0:0:0
and opps is 0

so seems ok but the lost locks is 15:12
that also weather related ones?

anyways i guess i need a cooling mat yet this unit takes a beating and works non stop. i am a recording/deleting monster that does things that you do to break stuff

yet its solid....ignore it ?

oh i just checked the 522 and the lost locks are 0:0

So the 622 is 'wrong' it seems esp as was suspected with that counter

Last edited:
Good to know...

I'm right there with you Building, having the same problem with my OTA CBS in Ankeny. My brother is having the same issue with his in Des Moines. Started when we got 4.01. Didn't get any better with 4.03. Looks fine when I tune with all other HDTVs in my house off the same antenna.

Also noticed that FOX OTA went out tonight which caused the 622 to lock up. Had to reboot to fix it. Wife is not happy when that happens!!

...I'm not alone. My brother-in-law in Altoona has a 622 also, but he hasn't got the updates yet. He still gets CBS just fine.
I guess the FOX problem explains why our Survivor recording quit less than half way through. My wife wasn't happy about that either.
On a positive note, I think the CW channel comes in better than it did before the update. Too bad there's nothing on there to watch.

I had L3.66 and got L4.03 yesterday. I've been having a weird issue with the tuners/pip/swap feature. One of the satellite tuners isn't able to receive channels as well as the other. In other words, when I'm using one of the satellite tuners I can tune in to any channel just fine. When I hit the "swap" key and go to the other tuner I am not able to get all of the channels (error message aquiring satellite signal...). I thought it might be a cabling problem but I didn't have this problem before L4.03. I also noticed that when I hit swap (from tuner 1) it still says tuner 1, shouldn't it say tuner 2?

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Nah, you think someone will remember a test channel? But ask us about any HD channels, we all remember those. :D

Where did this DRM appear? Just trying to figure our what channels might be affected. Is it just PPV? Or others like HBO, Showtime, Starz HD?

Yes, I had a couple of movies recorded to the Vip622 DVR and tried to play them back and record to DVD as I have done over a hundred times with Dish, and now it won't let me. It's true, the copy protection message is coming from the DVD Recorder, but Dish turned the flag on the copy protection on the PPV movies with this software version. The movies were recorded many weeks ago, so it was retroactively applied to all PPV movies that were recorded onto the DVR.

Dan

I recorded some PPV movies last night with no problems. I have 4.01 but hadn't transferred any PPVs to DVDs since 3.66 so I was wondering if this 'change' came about with 4.01 but apparently not.

I'll continue this weekend until all the PPVs are on DVDs.

Because I'm "off-grid", I only apply power to the 622 (and the rest of the entertainment center) when I'm going to watch. It has no power overnight or if nobody is watching. The 622 never goes into 'standby' (with the Dish logo) unless I leave it powered all night, usually in order to receive updates. Guess I'll be putting off the 4.03 update this way until I get the rest of the PPVs onto DVD.

Dan, I appreciate your finding this out and posting here even though it is too late for you to transfer your PPVs.

I am supposing that a PPV will record onto a DVD directly since copy protection is supposed to prevent the copying of a copy, which it seems to be doing now. It'll make it a little more difficult since we won't be able to pause or rr a PPV the first time around while it is going to the DVD. I hope this will work as I understand it.

Phil

Well here's one I have not seen mentioned. After going 3.66 to 4.03, my RecordPlus is useless. It's enabled for TV2 in dual mode, but won't execute. Records to TV1 if that's the one I'm programming from.

Wouldn't this just have to be some form of macrovision? I haven't priced one of those macrovision filters in a while but I think Best Buy and other places sell them.

I only apply power to the 622 (and the rest of the entertainment center) when I'm going to watch. Guess I'll be putting off the 4.03 update this way until I get the rest of the PPVs onto DVD.
I'll bet it downloads next time you power it up.

I had L3.66 and got L4.03 yesterday. One of the satellite tuners isn't able to receive channels as well as the other. In other words, when I'm using one of the satellite tuners I can tune in to any channel just fine. When I hit the "swap" key and go to the other tuner I am not able to get all of the channels (error message aquiring satellite signal...). I thought it might be a cabling problem but I didn't have this problem before L4.03.

Same exact thing is happening to mine. I also went from L3.66 to L4.03 yesterday. This occasionally happened to me on 129 HD channels before, which I blamed on my signal strength of 50 on those channels. But now it's also happening on 110 channels like HDNET, with signal strength of 90. It happens when i use the "swap" key and dvr recordings. It then goes on to mess up all future recording regardless of channel until I physically intervene and go thru the 20 min switch check/aquiring signal process. This blows.

I'm glad I paid the $49 extra to avoid the 18 month contract cuz once hockey season's over, I'm going back to crappy cox....at least it's $30 cheaper with HD.

Same exact thing is happening to mine. I also went from L3.66 to L4.03 yesterday. This occasionally happened to me on 129 HD channels before, which I blamed on my signal strength of 50 on those channels. But now it's also happening on 110 channels like HDNET, with signal strength of 90. It happens when i use the "swap" key and dvr recordings. It then goes on to mess up all future recording regardless of channel until I physically intervene and go thru the 20 min switch check/aquiring signal process. This blows.

I'm glad I paid the $49 extra to avoid the 18 month contract cuz once hockey season's over, I'm going back to crappy cox....at least it's $30 cheaper with HD.

Good to hear I'm not alone. Where should we send an email to report L4.03 bugs?

Try removing all sat cables , running a check switch that will clear out the matrix and then reattach the cables and run again. This should help you unless you have an lnb problem. If that is the case then use the dish protection warrenty and add it for 5.99 and then drop it once you have the new lnb and the old one shipped back.

Try removing all sat cables , runnign a check switch that will clear out the matrix and then reattach the cables and run again. This should help you unless you have an lnb problem. If that is the case then use the dish protection warrenty and add it for 5.99 and then drop it once you have the new lnb and the old one shipped back.

Thanks. I'll try tonight.

Good to hear I'm not alone. Where should we send an email to report L4.03 bugs?

How about the same address as the L4.01 software . I changed the title of mine to L4.03 and sent it anyway. I haven't received any replys but they have gone through.

1. Lost locks still counting down and the lnb drift issues came back - had to clear matrix and re run check switch to clear it.

2. Audio blairs loudly when a timer kicks in on the other tuner or the ota tuner.

thanks mike. i will try that right now and report back.

i changed providers 3 times in the past 12 months and i really dont wanna do it again.

I like having the most HD anywhere....aslong as i can get it to work right.

thanks mike. i will try that right now and report back.

i changed providers 3 times in the past 12 months and i really dont wanna do it again.

I like having the most HD anywhere....aslong as i can get it to work right.

OT azdevil, have you had DirecTV? I'm considering switching myself. What are your experiences with them?

Where did this DRM appear? Just trying to figure our what channels might be affected. Is it just PPV? Or others like HBO, Showtime, Starz HD?

It was on some internal test channels. I'm sure they were testing the DRM flag and then rolled it out to the other channels as needed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.