L4.03 on 622

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yep.. My 3.66 just turned into 4.03 this morning. Must have been good enough for E* to let it rip...
It's a bit early to make that determination, wouldn't you think ?? If Dish has already deemed it "good enough", people will be in trouble. Your receiver was randomly chosen to receiver it, nothing more.

It seems it was a late update.. It was just getting it this morning around 5:30 Central time.. My receiver shuts off at 3 for it's daily reboot.. So it didn't come immediate..

The OTA channels that are true HD (720p/1080i) should also have the HD watermark. Those channels are just as HD as the satellite channels.
Just got mine last night. LOST, recorded OTA, did not get an HD watermark.

I got the 4.03 update this morning, but I'm not happy. From what I've been hearing, this update would fix the dropout problem on my OTA NBC channel. I'm still having the same problem, only now it's with NBC and ABC. Before the signals would be steady between 88-92, now they go from 100 to 70 to 80 to 50 to 90. They are all over the place.

I had 3.66 and everything worked fine. Then I received 4.01 and started noticing some OTA drop outs on my local FOX station. Now I have 4.03 and the FOX station was almost unwatchable last night. Since Dish HD locals aren't available in my area OTA is my only option. I really hope this is an intermittent problem.

Thanks Dish.

Well L4.03 fixed the problems caused by L4.01. My MPEG4 channel changes are over twice as fast (about 4 sec now) and the FF and REW are useful again. :)

NightRyder

I got 4.03 this morning. The HD channel change is slower then 3.66. The skip forward and back is slower. It was less then a second under 3.66. It's like one-two seconds now. I cannot compare FF the REW because I do not use them enough.

Every wonder why E* does not use the Service pack/patch/hot fix rev versioning? So instead of being on 4.03 we would still be on on 4.0.1.X with X=3 with this latest release.

A bit OT but what E* STB has the highest rev of software running on it?

The version, release, mod structure is more common in software. Individual fixes (apar,ptf, hot fixes whatever you want to call them) are normally outside that structure and do not update the number.

Since Dish does not allow individual fixes, I don't think we will ever see that level of numbering.

My 622 was running 3.66 up until a few minutes ago-it just downloaded and installed 4.03. So much for your theory, Mr. Smartypants! ;)

Mr. Smith was reporting what was in the stream at that time (Tue Apr 10 23:17:49 2007). He can't predict that Dish would do a full roll today. I believe you owe him an apology. :bounce

Got L4.03 today.

So far everything seems OK. Channel change times seem normal. There's no improvement or degradation in OTA signal strength yet, although it is raining heavily here and I would expect occasional dropouts on my lower signal stations. I'll check again when the weather clears.

It's also interesting that it seems that it was not a full rollout this time, with several members saying they still have L3.66.... :confused:

My 622 now has L4.03. Since I am the last person in the country to get new firmware updates I would guess that everyone has it now.

I jsut got 4.03 from 3.66 today as well, but I lost my signal strength on all OTA locals, none over 65now, used to have a few in the 80-90 range. I know i saw somethign about that in another thread i will have to search it out...

403 killed my 622

Well I got 403 overnight. It has totally killed my 3month old 622. When I turned on the tv the picture was frozen. After 3 resets it finally started working. I went to check the system info(6-1-3) it froze up again. It took 2 hard boots to get it working. I then went to check my 2nd tv. Guess what? I got sound but no picture. Again 6 reboots with no luck. I finally called tech support. I was told they would hand it off to the engineering.Until then I am SOL on my second tv and tv1 is unstable. I had ZERO problems with 366. If it is not fixed in 2days I will call them back and request a new 622. As you can tell, I am not a happy camper.:mad:

JohnR

Regarding "HD" watermarks on OTA channels, and whether or not E* should mark them as such in the guide and on recordings:

No and they shouldn't. Just because it's digital OTA does NOT mean it's in HD. In fact, I have more non-HD digital channels than I've got HD (capable).

Agreed. Maybe they should let US :eek: decide which ones we want to mark as "HD" in the guide. It would be pretty easy to do in the "Local Channels" screen.

Brad

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)