L4.03 on 622

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Is anyone having audio sync issues with L4.03?

I just began noticing the problem when watching sports. In baseball, you can hear the ball hit the catcher's glove and then you see the ball get to the catcher or hit by the hitter. In basketball, you can see the ball in the air and then you hear the swish if he makes the basket or the boing if he misses. It' really annoying, because you already know what's gonna happen without looking at the picture. This happens on HD, SD, locals pretty much on everything.

I'm using HDMI so I'm gonna have to change to components to see if the problem goes away.

It sounds like if you reported OTA bugs to Dish via the beta.bugs e-mail address, they may send this.

I believe that's how they decided to target those receivers. I've got 4.01 and 4.03 on the first day they were spooled but didn't get this new one. I've never been in contact with Dish Network and didn't sign up for their beta testing group so I'm not expecting this new software update. I hope!

I did report a few other bugs in 4.01 and 4.03, neither which were OTA related. I haven't rec'd the update either. I can't say my receiver was in standby mode though either.

Went from 3.66 to 4.03 last Thursday.

I just noticed this "bug" that I know was not happening before the update (but can't prove because I already deleted the older recordings):

On Thursdays, I have three consecutive NBC shows scheduled to record from my local OTA affiliate at 8pm, 8:30pm, and 9pm (Earl, The Office, & 30 Rock). All three are set to start one minute before and end three minutes after.

The recordings for The Office and 30 Rock clearly start at least one minute into the show, but for the first show obviously it's fine. Also, they are only 30 minutes, not 34.

Has anyone else experienced this with the update??

Went from 3.66 to 4.03 last Thursday.

I just noticed this "bug" that I know was not happening before the update (but can't prove because I already deleted the older recordings):

On Thursdays, I have three consecutive NBC shows scheduled to record from my local OTA affiliate at 8pm, 8:30pm, and 9pm (Earl, The Office, & 30 Rock). All three are set to start one minute before and end three minutes after.

The recordings for The Office and 30 Rock clearly start at least one minute into the show, but for the first show obviously it's fine. Also, they are only 30 minutes, not 34.

Has anyone else experienced this with the update??

Funny you should mention. My wife and I were watching back to back Desperate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters. My settings were 1 min before and 3 min after also. Both of my recordings were also 30 minutes. Not sure if changing "before and after times" will help or not.

Funny you should mention. My wife and I were watching back to back Desperate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters. My settings were 1 min before and 3 min after also. Both of my recordings were also 30 minutes. Not sure if changing "before and after times" will help or not.
I thought about that, but these are timers that I've had set for a few months now, and I know they worked fine before the update. I never really paid attention to the length of the recordings before, but I know I was able to watch entire shows from the beginning, not starting one minute in....

Back-to-back shows, especially on the same channel, are tricky. Think about it, there should have been conflicts galore with the end time of one overlapping the start time of the next.

We've had timers like this and I can't say for sure how it behaves. I know we've had a few minutes of one show at the end of a recording and then the next recording starts (a few minutes in) where the previous left off. When it's the same channel, it's no big deal obviously.

Back-to-back shows, especially on the same channel, are tricky. Think about it, there should have been conflicts galore with the end time of one overlapping the start time of the next.
Oh, I know. That's why I was so impressed when I first tried this and it worked seamlessly when I got my 622 back in September '06. If I do watch a recording all the way to the end I do see the beginning of the next show, and that's probably always happened. Normally though, I would stop viewing when the credits start, or a commercial at the end each recording.

I do realize that compared to other problems members here are having with L4.03, this is spit in the ocean, but it's still something that worked before and now it doesn't....

I thought about that, but these are timers that I've had set for a few months now, and I know they worked fine before the update. I never really paid attention to the length of the recordings before, but I know I was able to watch entire shows from the beginning, not starting one minute in....

I agree. Something must have changed after the 4.01 update. I received the TOA1 software this morning for some OTA issues. Perhaps I can mention in my response. Not sure if there's any link between OTA tuning issues and timers for OTA but it's worth a shot.

I agree. Something must have changed after the 4.01 update. I received the TOA1 software this morning for some OTA issues. Perhaps I can mention in my response. Not sure if there's any link between OTA tuning issues and timers for OTA but it's worth a shot.
Thanks cummingsje. I don't know if it's only an OTA issue or not. It's just that's where this happened to me, and I noticed all of the OTA issues that people are reporting here with L4.03. I'll set up a couple of consecutive timers on a sat channel this evening and post back the results.....

Thanks cummingsje. I don't know if it's only an OTA issue or not. It's just that's where this happened to me, and I noticed all of the OTA issues that people are reporting here with L4.03. I'll set up a couple of consecutive timers on a sat channel this evening and post back the results.....

No problem. I'll do the same on OTA and satellite channels and post.

<snip...> On Thursdays, I have three consecutive NBC shows scheduled to record from my local OTA affiliate at 8pm, 8:30pm, and 9pm (Earl, The Office, & 30 Rock). All three are set to start one minute before and end three minutes after. The recordings for The Office and 30 Rock clearly start at least one minute into the show, but for the first show obviously it's fine. Also, they are only 30 minutes, not 34.

That's normal behavior for OTA. There's only one OTA tuner, so it doesn't pad the timers. The 622 has always done this with OTA recording. It has nothing to do with the new software.

.....G

That's normal behavior for OTA. There's only one OTA tuner, so it doesn't pad the timers. The 622 has always done this with OTA recording. It has nothing to do with the new software.
The duration may have always been that way, like I said I didn't notice that before. But, I definitely don't remember a recording (OTA or otherwise) starting a minute or two into a show before L4.03....

It may be that for some reason, channel changing is slower with the new software, and that's eating up more time out of the recorded show.

Cosmo - These were consecutive shows on the same network, right? The network doesn't always start feeding the show on the hour. When I record "Close to Home" and "Numbers" back to back on CBS on Friday, the 622 switches to a new recording on the hour mark, but "Numbers" has already started, so the first minute of that show is on the tail end of "Close to Home. It's always been that way.

.....G

4.03 and OTA

Got 4.03 last Thursday and immediately started having problmes with OTA reception. Ok when scanned locals. Found all the channels but now will have momentary yellow screen "Lost Signal" when changing OTA channels. Had 3.66 before and did not experience this at all.

Also seeing longer channel changing times.

Seeing return of audio synch problems that had all but disappeared with v 3.66.

Like to go back to 3.66. Everytime Dish fixes something or adds features something ends up being broken.

Whatever Dish did with 4.01 and 4.03, it definitely created problems with the OTA reception with at least some of us that had been on 3.66.

Sent email to ceo last week with no response.

Cosmo - These were consecutive shows on the same network, right? The network doesn't always start feeding the show on the hour. When I record "Close to Home" and "Numbers" back to back on CBS on Friday, the 622 switches to a new recording on the hour mark, but "Numbers" has already started, so the first minute of that show is on the tail end of "Close to Home. It's always been that way.

.....G
I believe ya G. According to NBC's web site, Scrubs was the only show not starting "exactly" on the half-hour:
http://www.nbc.com/Schedule/schedule_day-20070412.shtml
...and that wasn't one I recorded.
I understand that's an occasional practice that some networks may use, but all I'm saying is that this is first time this TV season that this has happened while recording these consecutive shows, and what has recently changed?? :rolleyes:

Like hall said earlier:
Think about it, there should have been conflicts galore with the end time of one overlapping the start time of the next.
And I agree. I just think something changed in this update to break what was working, but I guess I'll have to live with it.....

I just created a timer for an OTA channel and it wants to start 1 minute early and end 3 minutes late.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)