L404 to download to TOA1 receivers

L404 downloaded

L404 downloaded to one of my 622's about 1:04 EDT today.

Have had one weird Check switch that made me do a Power cord reboot.

I had done an OTA rescan and was watching some OTA channels. It started complaining about the SWITCH. I tried switching channels OTA and satellite and it continued complaining. I turned off and on, and then was able to change channels and confirmed both satellite tuners were working.

I went ahead and did the check switch. It appeared to complete normally, but during the program guide download that follows it hung up. The progress meter went to the end but after 15 minutes it failed to complete. I then hit select to stop. It then went to step 0 of 5 of finding satellites, hanging there with 121 showing (i have 119,110 and 61.5). Tried a few times but same hang. Eventually did a power cord reboot and after a check switch it seemed to go back to normal

Was supposed to get 4.04 since I'm on TOA1 and even sent in my logs to help on the OTA fix...emailed back and hoping they can get me the download. :(

Jim

Scott or anyone else, can you help some of your Sat Guys members?

Since the 4.03 update, I and another member can no longer watch recorded HD locals from WNBC NY.

The original thread is located here http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=95124

Any idea if the 4.04 will fix this? If not who can I talk to at E* to make sure this problem is heard?

There are very few like you. For most of us 3.65 and 3.66 software sucked. There was picture stuttering, audio dropouts, no DD thru HDMI. 4.01 and 4.03 fixed all those problems. In your case it is probably hardware issue. Call E* and have them replace it for you.

Really? Well here are just a FEW of the "very few like me":

Kaydigi: "Since the 4.03 update, I and another member can no longer watch recorded HD locals from WNBC NY. "

Tvlman: "BUT.........L401 is also causing the screen to suddenly go black while they reboot; suddenly rewinding a program to the start after playing it for a couple minutes.....and assigning the wrong names to recorded programs. (all my experiences)"

ChetK: "I had something similar to this happen<snip>.. At that point, the screen went black and the recording stopped."

faster68: "I heard it called the 'Screaming Black Screen of Death' in a post from last year. My 622 has done it 3 times in the last two days and scared the heck out of my son. Tell me I'm not the only one with the problem. I had the problem 1 or 2 times last summer. Always happens while watching a recorded event... anyone else in my boat?"

bobr66: "When I was on 3.66 I never lost satllelite lock even with moderate rain. Since 4.01 I keep losing lock on all channels all satellites, My 942 has no problems."

MikeD-C05: "<snip>...I consider this the reason for the lost locks. They broke something in with the 401 software that has caused this lost locks
problem."

RandallA: "Exactly the same thing that's happening to me, I posted in the Official L4.01 thread the lost locks bug. It's always in the 30s and I know it was fine before L4.01 because I would check almost every day."

Tvlman: "Mike D......I just posted a similar message on another Forum. My sat lock is on 105 when my 622 went down 3 times yesterday. My sats
also are 110,119 &129. Must be the new software, you think?"

shodobe: <snip>..."Is the newer 4.02 upgrade supposed to take care of this? I was really happy all last year up until this new upgrade because I
never lost the signal with 366 as I had with the previous version. I am not sure what improvements there were with 401 that was all that great."

vtjman: "4.03 seems to have slowed my channel changing. I had 4.01 before this."

RandallA: "Ditto. I think with 4.03 channel changing is a lot slower than 4.01 and before that. Specially on HD channels."

MikeD-C05: "Still 4 seconds for me till I see the picture with L4.03 ."

dclboro: "I got the 4.03 update this morning, but I'm not happy. From what I've been hearing, this update would fix the dropout problem on my OTA NBC channel. I'm still having the same problem, only now it's with NBC and ABC. Before the signals would be steady between 88-92, now they go from 100 to 70 to 80 to 50 to 90. They are all over the place."

jrobins121: "I had 3.66 and everything worked fine. Then I received 4.01 and started noticing some OTA drop outs on my local FOX station. Now I have 4.03 and the FOX station was almost unwatchable last night. Since Dish HD locals aren't available in my area OTA is my only option. I really hope this is an intermittent problem."

shlin: "I got 4.03 this morning. The HD channel change is slower then 3.66. The skip forward and back is slower. It was less then a second under 3.66. It's like one-two seconds now. I cannot compare FF the REW because I do not use them enough."

BigTimMN: "I jsut got 4.03 from 3.66 today as well, but I lost my signal strength on all OTA locals, none over 65now, used to have a few in the 80-90 range. I know i saw somethign about that in another thread i will have to search it out..."

johnr475: "Well I got 403 overnight. It has totally killed my 3month old 622. When I turned on the tv the picture was frozen. After 3 resets it finally started working. I went to check the system info(6-1-3) it froze up again. It took 2 hard boots to get it working. I then went to check my 2nd tv. Guess what? I got sound but no picture. Again 6 reboots with no luck. I finally called tech support. I was told they would hand it off to the engineering.Until then I am SOL on my second tv and tv1 is unstable. I had ZERO problems with 366. If it is not fixed in 2days I will call them back and request a new 622. As you can tell, I am not a happy camper."

SatelliteGAL: "Ok I got the update and I am not a happy camper so far. I seem to have lost all of my OTA. I tried to go and rescan but it gets
absolutely no signal strength. It is also supposed to be recording but it is not perhaps because it was supposed to be recording OTA and that isnt
there. I will finish watching the program I am watching and then go reboot."

JimK2: "I show Lost Locks 8:9 and I know for sure the box rebooted 3 times yesterday with 4.03 firmware install and 3am update so I lost 110, 119, 129 three times"

And there were many more pages and other threads citing problems with 4.01 / 4.03 software. The point is, Dish is playing "musical downloads" trying to patch hardware variations and user configurations in the 622. They may get lucky or YOU may be one of those hit with the next patch.

"The point is, Dish is playing "musical downloads" trying to patch hardware variations and user configurations in the 622."

That's exactly the point Walt. Just because your receiver is working and doesn't have any problems, that doesn't mean that others are having problems. There are too many board revisions and hardware configurations out there.

"The point is, Dish is playing "musical downloads" trying to patch hardware variations and user configurations in the 622."

That's exactly the point Walt. Just because your receiver is working and doesn't have any problems, that doesn't mean that others are having problems. There are too many board revisions and hardware configurations out there.
Actually mine IS having all kinds of problems since 4.01 & 4.03 but I was saying this stuff even when mine was one of the lucky ones.

It just frosts my pod when newbies come in here and because their unit happens to be ok at the moment, think those that are complaining must be in the minority and are blowing smoke.

Apparently received the TOA1 to 4.04 overnight or sometime today. Scan for OTA went fine and now have them back again. Hope we have a stable release now on the OTA issue. Have to say it was a nice to have Dish work with those willing to do a software change and testing-debugging.:)

Jim

That is "very few" compared to the previous updates. Look through some of the old threads. I was expecting more threads on new problems and surprisingly these last few updates seem to be doing pretty good overall. Of course, there are WAY MORE than there should be on any release.

Really? Well here are just a FEW of the "very few like me":

Cue list.....

And there were many more pages and other threads citing problems with 4.01 / 4.03 software. The point is, Dish is playing "musical downloads" trying to patch hardware variations and user configurations in the 622. They may get lucky or YOU may be one of those hit with the next patch.

That is "very few" compared to the previous updates. Look through some of the old threads. I was expecting more threads on new problems and surprisingly these last few updates seem to be doing pretty good overall. Of course, there are WAY MORE than there should be on any release.

Based on reports to date, L404 has fixed the most severe lose of OTA bug.

That is "very few" compared to the previous updates. Look through some of the old threads. I was expecting more threads on new problems and surprisingly these last few updates seem to be doing pretty good overall.
and how long have you worked for Dish?:)

Any idea when the 404 patch is going out to the masses? Trying to be patient with my 622 receiver issues with OTA and stuttering FF and RW but getting tired of it.

Really have no desire to call in and play the phone number pushing game.

There are no software updates scheduled to go out this week due to Team Summit. So I would not expect it to roll out until next week.