L405 for 622

Ok, with it on

NBC 72-74 SS
ABC 82
CBS 79
Fox 70

Watched on 622 for 10 minutes, pixelated 5 times, yellow screen 2 times

Watched on tv for 10 minutes, Nothing.

I got 405 sometime last night. The fast forward is fixed,Yeh. I havent noticed anything else but then I do not use off the air so wouldn;t know about that.
I think if you email anything to dish off the web site and mention you are having a problem with something, and you get an email back asking you for all kinds of info from your receiver you get priorty on updates.
I just got an answer back last week on the fix of fast forward and reverse and they said they were working on it, and now it is fixed.
The rest of you might want to try that. Just go on the dishnetwork.com and find contact us and tell them you are having trouble with something that they are working on and it they ask you for info on your receiver, like smart card number and receiver number you will be inline for the first update.

I just submitted my previous posts to an email I have for them, hopefully this will get them checking.

I just submitted my previous posts to an email I have for them, hopefully this will get them checking.

Multipath could very well be an issue for you. Even the slightest mis-aiming may help. The 622 may not handle multipath as well as the tuner in your tv.

Ok, with it on

NBC 72-74 SS
ABC 82
CBS 79
Fox 70

Watched on 622 for 10 minutes, pixelated 5 times, yellow screen 2 times

Watched on tv for 10 minutes, Nothing.

Are your signal strengths steady or are they fluctuating? If they are not steady you have a multipath problem.

NBC is the one you note as not steady. I would still try moving the antenna out of the attic.

4.05 For 622

Hi

Received this update today, but now it keeps dropping every 10-15 minutes, goes to Dishnetwork screensaver, press select to continue and it comes back on, did it while i was recording a movie to DVR-Recorder, ER Season finale is on tonight, can't have it mess up then, anything i can do to fix it now?

I get service thru At&t Dish Network, America's Everything Pack with HD Platinum, 622 Receiver, running check switch at this time, then i'll see if it stays up, and if it doesn't i'm not sure what else to do, but can't mess that show later

All I know is that I got perfect OTA reception for over a year and I mean "Perfect" until L401 screwed it up. L405 is no better than L401. I still get frequent drop-outs on 2 OTA channels. I wish I could go back to pre-L401 firmware.

What is a multipath problem? NBC is steady 100 SS. It was 72-72 because I put an attenuator on it to drop the signal to see if that was the problem.

For me in Tulsa ... All channels perfect apart from Channel 8. (ABC)

Note : Channel 8.1 is my only UHF channel - all the others are VHF .. not sure if this may make a diff...

Total drop outs every 3-4 mins have now been replaced with picture "stutters" and bad pixelation every 3-4 mins .... but drop-outs seem to be limited to about once every 10-15 mins now.

OTA direct to TV is solid. Signal Strength is 86-88 solid.

pre 4.01 picture was solid.

I am unable to record ANYTHING in HD if it is on ABC (unwatchable) ... damn annoying paying for an OTA installation and then having E* screw it up with a software update or three ... :(

Anyone else seeing pixelation/drop-out on 8.1/8.2 or is it just me. ?

I got my 405 last night and OTA is 1000x's better. Not one drop out during Supernatural finale or the news afterwards. No pixelation either. I have had problems with my OTA really since I upgraded to my 622. Couldn't be happier and everyone will now be happy to watch the American Idol finale in HD, hopefully with no dropouts. I also didn't have any other problems prior to the 405 other than the OTA. No problems with sound nor fast forwarding or rewinding.

I don't know if this has anything to do with the 4.05 update or not, I did not notice this before, but the interactive Dish support has been totally revamped with a new interface. It even works for me now. Before it would not even connect, now it's perfectly fine.

Jay

I got L405 on all my 622s. What I noticed now is every time that I select the OTA channel (from Dish channels), it displays yellow "lost OTA signal" screen for a second or two, then lock on the channel with normal signal strength as used to. If I change channels between OTA, it acts normal. Before L405, they were all fine........ Anyone experienced the same?

I got 405 overnight. I never had OTA issues with 3.66. Now since then, I have lost them all. Got them back with 403 with less signal strength. Now 405 has taken away 3 of them. I never had problems with these stations until 405. I did hard boot, soft boot, delete and rescan. I know its the software because I pick them up without a problem on my second tv with a built in tuner. I wonder what they are going to break with the next update! :down

JohnR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)