L405 for 622

I did notice some improvement with the OTA signal problem that I have been experiencing but it is not fixed completely. During American Idol last night we lost the signal once and experienced some short bursts of picture break up. Not as bad as it has been recently but still not completely fixed.

ViP622 - L4.05 Software Release Notes : Here is the release notes for L4.05, only one fix listed:

* Enhancements to the Diagnostics 'Send Status' feature that should be transparent to the customer (non-impacting).

I was surprised to discover last night that I have L405, too! One bug I've noticed (not sure if it appeared in this release) is that the first "skip back" that is done after recovering from sleep mode goes all the way back to the start of when that channel was tuned rather than back 10 seconds. After that first glitch, skip back works normally. I have seen this on two occasions, will explore further later.

Also, I've had the system "lock up" a couple of times. After a minute or two everything catches up - all the button mashing I had done during the freeze suddenly cycles through. :D

Red

In a recent release - possibly L405 - there is a change in the screen for dialing properties. There is a new option for Modem: Local or Remote.

Yep, watching David Letterman tonight 100% signal and its pixilating and having macroblocking!! Really wish they would fix this! Seems like it started with L403! :mad:

I dont have L405 yet, nor have i been having the OTA issues that many are having, but I did notice issues with Letterman last night, off both OTA and Sat HD local (had CBS OTA channel on in den and CBS Sat channel on in bedroom). think it was an issue with CBS's transmission last night.

I was surprised to discover last night that I have L405, too! One bug I've noticed (not sure if it appeared in this release) is that the first "skip back" that is done after recovering from sleep mode goes all the way back to the start of when that channel was tuned rather than back 10 seconds. After that first glitch, skip back works normally. I have seen this on two occasions, will explore further later.

I've had the same issue with the skip back randomly going back to the beginning of the buffer since L401. I cant figure out the sequence that causes it. would be a nice feature if there was a bona fide way to initiate it. as it works now, its just annoying.

Only issue I have is a high UHF channel(50) that gives random pixelation with 100% signal, doesnt make much sense.

I got the same problem but with my 211. The frequency assignment for those channels are 56 and 57, they show 100% ss but are unwatchable. The 622 and the TV's tuner show them just fine.

The software update on the 211 was released first and I believe they added something to the OTA tuner that broke it. What bothers me is that they went ahead and did the same thing to the 622.

To Dish Network, whatever you did to the OTA tuner on both the 211 and the 622 just put it back where it was before.

One of my 622's received it and the other didn't. What I did notice is that the number of signal losses has gone back to 1 rather than 20-40.

S~

Rec. 4.05 this AM and have no problems so far but then did not have any with 4.03. Had one signal loss last night (4.03 on CBS) and this was the first and only problem with 622. No pixilation, macro-blocking,dropouts or signal loss and recordings playback as they should with all features working. With 4.05 have slight lower signal on FOX OTA, was 91 now 84. This could be good as when I had 100 could not lock. To date have 0 complaints.

In a recent release - possibly L405 - there is a change in the screen for dialing properties. There is a new option for Modem: Local or Remote.

Nope that isn't new. That has been in all the L4.xxx releases as it has to do with DishComm

I saw that over on The Site With More Integrity Because We Are Sponsored By DirecTV But We're Not A Commercial Site, Oh And We Also Delete Posts Which We Deem Offensive. I won't post a link because I am afraid I might get disciplined. :D

Last edited:

That's been there since they enabled DishCOMM. (L401 IIRC).

It's great if you have multiple 622's. I was able to lose one wire across the floor to a 622.

I saw that over on The Site With More Integrity Because We Are Sponsored By DirecTV But We're Not A Commercial Site, Oh And We Also Delete Posts Which We Deem Offensive. I won't post a link because I am afraid I might get disciplined. :D

Love it!:D

Thanks for the explanation. I hadn't noticed this screen, so wasn't sure which release it was in. Guess it's been longer than I realized since checking this screen.
:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)