L405 for 622

Let us know jrobins. I have been very happy with my 622's. They have been (knock on wood) running great.

FYI I dont expect release notes, as Dish is no longer providing them. If you see release notes anywhere else they are MADE UP or have been posted from beta notes which could cost them their beta tester accounts.

Scott, why the hush hush on release notes, thats as bad as the releases for my Samsung blu ray which the guys at AVS think is just a placebo since they do not offer notes.

I for one am not that paranoid, but they could show us some love.

I wish I knew, they kept changing the ways that we had to get the notes, another site was posting unofficial "beta" release notes.

I have been wanting them to put the notes on the Tech Portal Site, this would end the sites fighting over the release notes as it would be Dish posting them.

Scott, why the hush hush on release notes...
Here you go:

L4.01: Added fancy-schmancy HD graphics and channel map-down. Improved (??) OTA reception

L4.03: Fixed OTA reception issues introduced with L4.01

L4.04: Still trying to fix OTA reception issues....

L4.05: We hope we've fixed the OTA reception issues....

:D :D :D

Here you go:

L4.01: Added fancy-schmancy HD graphics and channel map-down. Improved (??) OTA reception

L4.03: Fixed OTA reception issues introduced with L4.01

L4.04: Still trying to fix OTA reception issues....

L4.05: We hope we've fixed the OTA reception issues....

:D :D :D

That is release SPECULATION. We should not do that as I was informed by a mod at another site that specualtion is bad if you do not call it speculation :neener

Gotcha. Thats the only other issue i have OTA is pixelation on that channel(tv tuner has no issues with it). Someone said it was the high number UHF channels that can give the 622 issues.

I thought that P. Smith said this went out to a couple hundred people (probably the beta testers) the end of last week?

That is release SPECULATION. We should not do that as I was informed by a mod at another site that specualtion is bad if you do not call it speculation
Only the admins there are allowed to speculate. Anything that users say can only be FACT. No opinions, hunches, guessing, etc is allowed.... It's almost like you have to preface most posts with "In my opinion....". :(

Dish is speculating that they fixed the OTA Reception issues. :D

Dish is only wishful thinking, I got L405 this morning and still having ota drop out and some pixilating!! Have signal strenght of 82 to 85 and it just drops out then comes back this is on PBS, also my KFDA (CBS) which has a signal strength of 100 still has some pixilating! Weather is a little windy and cool with cloudy overcast! Really don't think its the weather, but windy conditions will affect my signal so ill check it out later without the windy conditions! Everything else seems ok so far!
</IMG>

Last edited:
I see 4.05 on both my 622's. Only change I see on OTA is that I've completely lost a station that was solid before. Hoping it is a transmission problem from the station. Weather is clear and calm.

I noticed I had it on one this morning. I did not have any OTA issues. Will play with it when I get back home.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)