L405 for 622

In computer terms, it's similar (or the same) as the BIOS. When a machine is first turned on, it has some basic core software that has limited functions and then hands things off to the operating system, in this case, a customized Linux.

gotcha, thanks.

Are they able to make updates for mulitple bootstraps? Or would 4.06 as an example be for the 1711 if 405 was for the 1710?

They may use the bootstrap numbers for targeting groups of receivers but I'm positive there are not different versions of L4.xx (or L3.xx) for different firmwares (bootstraps). That would be like Microsoft building different versions of XP to tailor different BIOS versions.

They may use the bootstrap numbers for targeting groups of receivers but I'm positive there are not different versions of L4.xx (or L3.xx) for different firmwares (bootstraps). That would be like Microsoft building different versions of XP to tailor different BIOS versions.

Very true.

The may very well have code in the software that varies by bootstrap to handle different revisions.

I got the 405 in one of my 622s, have had a problem with 1 ota ch that could not sched a program as new only, 405 did not fix the problem.

I lost one station too that was solid before, did a rescan and it didn't help it. Also noticed that the LNB drift issue was back and the OTA channel scan is alot slower than before. Tried soft reboot, still the same. Tried hard reboot and fixed all of it. Channel scan still slower, but the lost OTA channel is back and the LNB drift issue is gone again. All of you with similar problems should try a hard reboot. As it turns out, it ALWAYS is recommended after a software update.

What bootstrap are you guys running?

Full filter:

PID=08B4h

DownloadID:'1HKC'
Upgrading FW:
'L405': 'ABA1'- 'BPK1' 'L100'- 'L404'
'L405': 'ABA1'- 'BPK1' 'L100'- 'L404'

New FW:'L405'

List of BootStraps and BuildConfigs:

'1[3-8]1[AB0-4]' 'RB[BDEGHKL][A-DJ]'
IRD Model: ViP622
List of Serial Numbers:
[2] 73174765-76962988

'1[3-8]1[AB0-4]' 'RB[BDEGHKL][A-DJ]'
IRD Model: ViP622
List of Serial Numbers:
[3] .....

[BootStraps 1x0x are not included this time.]

Anyone been having pixelation issues on high UHF channels with a good signal? Just wondering if 405 had a fix for that.

Yep, watching David Letterman tonight 100% signal and its pixilating and having macroblocking!! Really wish they would fix this! Seems like it started with L403! :mad:

405 now

I have received it sometime between last night and tonight. I'm still seeing some multi-path pixelization problems on local PBS HD station. It started w/ 401. It still here thought 405 was to be the fix. Looks like they still need to do a bit more work on it.

Try re-scanning your locals.

Did that with one of my two 622's. No resulting difference between them. Although I do have some reading on the one station it has dropped from approx 75 down to 58-60 on both receivers. Too close to the edge.

The only change I see that is an improvement is that the fast forward seems to work smoother (not as jerky).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)