L510 Bugs

Why bother ? The "CEO" address is posted every day.

I always ask for that to be "munged" as well.

But, also, the CEO people are there to fight fires, and deal with customers.

The Dish Quality people are just engineers, and flooding their inbox with SPAM is only going to make it harder to reach them.

Don't erase recordings that look bad due to this new problem.

Recordings that I have already played back, now have this problem.

Logically, this means that if the Software is updated or rolled back, then those new recordings may play fine later...

this is one update you don't want right now, lol, don't force it!

I checked an ER episode that I watched like 5 mins of and never finished nor deleted and it's sooooooooooo f'ed up with this firmware

so I won't delete it but whatever is causing this does indeed go into saved recordings. A more recent show from like two months ago but on ABC didn't do the glitch but NBC from 2 months back is temp hosed!

Last edited:
so I won't delete it but whatever is causing this does indeed go into saved recordings. A more recent show from like two months ago but on ABC didn't do the glitch but NBC from 2 months back is temp hosed!

I'm getting the impression from a few comments above that the problem only occurs with 1080i (CBS, NBC) but not 720p (ABC, FOX).

E* has a bad record for releasing updates that are ultimately are worthless. I wondered why they never catch these in-house? their QA dept sucks or does not exists or we are the QA department :D

E* has a bad record for releasing updates that are ultimately are worthless. I wondered why they never catch these in-house? their QA dept sucks or does not exists or we are the QA department :D

The update is not worthless.

The option to turn off Mode Popup is :up

The USB Drive Folder in My Recordings is :up

Clearly, none of their Beta testers uses satellite-delivered HD Locals...

I'm getting the impression from a few comments above that the problem only occurs with 1080i (CBS, NBC) but not 720p (ABC, FOX).

I can verify the same with Portland, OR locals. CBS and NBC have problems, ABC and FOX are OK.

NightRyder

They clearly have a far too small pool of testers.

RandallA: Are you reading this ? If so, did you see L5.10 or whatever it was called in beta spool to 622/722 receivers ? If not, that means Dish must have a USB-thumb-drive method of s/w updates if they didn't do it via the satellite stream.

I like the idea of the popup cutoff. Anyone think the USB drive addtion to my recordings is a start for linking the two so you dont have to move movies back and forth??

Im not using the feature (722 has plenty of space), but Im under the impression you move recordings to the drive until you want to watch them, then you have to move them back to the dvr to watch them.

I still have 449.

I like the idea of the popup cutoff.
Agreed, unfortunately sometimes a very small feature fix comes with large problems making it not worthwhile overall.
Im not using the feature (722 has plenty of space), but Im under the impression you move recordings to the drive until you want to watch them, then you have to move them back to the dvr to watch them.
Wrong, you can already playback directly from the EHD without restoring.

If all they did was put a link to "DVR 4 1" in the "DVR DVR" location it doesn't accomplish much, still takes the same or more button presses to get there.
I want just the opposite -- a way to force a delay of any update for even a few days from it's initial release. Kind of like a Dish software update snooze alarm button for late adopters :)
Ah, the infamous "Allow updates without my permission Yes/No" that (I think) still exists in the 3x1 series. Great idea, it will never happen. :)

Very cool on the EHD feature and playback, did not know that. Is playback steady using the USB and High Def?

Im kinda hoping I dont get this update now.

the fast forward and rewind can get a bit jerky but playback is 100% indistinguishable from something on the internal drive which of course is indistinguishable from live.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)