L510 Bugs

If all they did was put a link to "DVR 4 1" in the "DVR DVR" location it doesn't accomplish much, still takes the same or more button presses to get there.

Except that the point is that it is close when you are already looking at the My Recordings list.

Typical Example:

You press DVR button twice, and there is nothing new recorded recently (not unusual in summer). So, you think "I should watch one of those recordings that I saved back when everything was showing at the same time".

Then, the "USB Drive" folder is right there to see what you have available.

It makes the external drive another Group folder, so all of your recordings are in the My Recordings list.

the fast forward and rewind can get a bit jerky but playback is 100% indistinguishable from something on the internal drive which of course is indistinguishable from live.

I wonder if this is drive dependent. I don't see any jerkiness. I watch a lot directly off the external HDD.

I have played back while off the EHD while recording two shows and no issues.

ABC was fine but that race just now was again.....crap!

Except that the point is that it is close when you are already looking at the My Recordings list.

Typical Example:

You press DVR button twice, and there is nothing new recorded recently (not unusual in summer). So, you think "I should watch one of those recordings that I saved back when everything was showing at the same time".

Then, the "USB Drive" folder is right there to see what you have available.

It makes the external drive another Group folder, so all of your recordings are in the My Recordings list.

That part is nice but I wish it would take you back to the DVR list on exit of the EHD list.

NightRyder

We had an oddity with recordings.. we were recording Last Comic standing, it was scheduled at 8:30 but not showing up in the guide.. the show starts at 8pm.. we deleted the timer added a new one and it recorded as my name is earl.. played fine while recording.. it auto-skips while playing back now.. feature..

For us, that was unrelated to L510 (don't have it yet). The timer was set originally for 7:30 central, then they changed the guide to have it start at 7:00. But, my timer still did not fire until 7:30. It should have changed, don't know why it didn't.

Add me to the group that is experiencing the break ups and pixelation in the recordings from HD locals. This really renders the DVR useless for me, as I do most of my recordings from these channels. Thankfully, most shows are over with their seasons at this point, but I really hope Dish gets this fixed soon.

Does any one know if a tech support person is able to have a software release rolled back from your receiver? What is the best way to be heard by Dish so they realize they really screwed with this one?

They won't roll back s/w updates on a one-by-one basis. Think of the logistical nightmare. People need to keep complaining .... I hope they're CALLING Dish in addition to posting here about this problem. Obviously from Dish's lackluster internal testing they did NOT see this and if they aren't made aware of it, they may roll it out to everyone.

They won't roll back s/w updates on a one-by-one basis. Think of the logistical nightmare. People need to keep complaining .... I hope they're CALLING Dish in addition to posting here about this problem. Obviously from Dish's lackluster internal testing they did NOT see this and if they aren't made aware of it, they may roll it out to everyone.

Engineering and software development is aware of it. We'll see what they do.

S~

I hope that they stop the rollout of the software until they fix this part of the locals. THen they could re-release it as L511 to the rest of us without giving us the bugs. I haven't received it yet on my 3 dvrs. THANK GOD.

I would have also liked a "MOVE TO EHD" or "TRANSFER To EXTERNAL" on the options down near the delete or protect
I mean if you now access them there then when you stop watching a show why not initiate the move.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)