L6.14 reboots 722

Grumpy

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 21, 2004
Austin, TX
Ever since my 722 downloaded the new firmware, my DVR reboots when I try to manipulate any recording. I select skip/restore for example, it appears to hang for a couple minutes then reboots.

What's the deal? It was fine before 6.14

I'm getting the same thing on my 622. I tried pulling the power yesterday to force a hard reset but it's still doing it. Any attempt to use skip/restore or modify an existing timer in any way (including deleting a timer) will cause a crash and reboot.

I think I found a solution for this. I thought maybe something was corrupted in the timers, so I decided to try deleting them all and re-creating them. (I had about 40.)

Deleting them caused another crash and reboot, which I expected. The first time I tried to create a new timer (to start putting all my old ones back) it crashed again, so I guess it wasn't the timers themselves.

Then I figured it must be the program guide data that was corrupted. I remembered reading somewhere else that doing a check switch will usually cause the receiver to reload the guide data, so I did a check switch and it did sit there for almost 10 minutes fetching new guide data.

Then I proceeded to put back all my timers and not a single crash. Tried using skip/restore and no problems with that either. So I suspect that just forcing a reload of the program data by doing a check switch would have cured the problem without the hassle of having to re-add all my timers.

Default settings

I had a weird problem with OTA channels a couple of months ago and tried the usual fixes, I then did a reset to default from the menu and that fixed it, not a first option because of the hassel but not a hugh headache.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts