L623 is out

L623 in SF Bay Area

My wife's vip622 was upgraded overnight. Saw lots of freezing on Channel 5
(CBS) on soap opera being telecat in SD (bars on the side).

Must be the secret thread for 622/722 updates. I did notice that most of the sticky threads haven't been posted to in months. Go figure.

I have had nothing but problems with my 622 since this new firmware showed up. Lots of freezing during playback. Once the freezing starts in playback, then navigation through the menus is sluggish. The system will typically freeze up completely at some point. I have had to reboot the receiver daily more than once. I have powered down the whole unit today and see if that helps. I hope Dish addresses this or moves me back to L622.

I have had nothing but problems with my 622 since this new firmware showed up. Lots of freezing during playback. Once the freezing starts in playback, then navigation through the menus is sluggish. The system will typically freeze up completely at some point. I have had to reboot the receiver daily more than once. I have powered down the whole unit today and see if that helps. I hope Dish addresses this or moves me back to L622.

More than likely, the firmware update is coinciding with your DVR going bad.

Dish has been recycling DVRs that have been "refurbished" that go bad in a couple of months. Unfortunately your dvr will most likely get worse, you will have to deal with Dish customer service, and you will have to get another refurb dvr to replace it.

I have been through 3 dvrs this summer and fall after the hard drive crashed on my original new 622 that lasted for nearly 3 years. Dish has tried to blame me for these bad units and sent techs to test my power, replace ALL of my cabling, and repeak my dishes, all to no avail. This latest replacement has lasted about a month so far.

When this one goes bad, I WILL email the ceo email address and pressure them for a new machine.

Not sure if this is related to L6.23 or not:

I recently got L6.23 on my 722 and when I just tried to delete 2 recordings from my external HDD those recordings won't delete. The messages say they are being deleted, but the recordings are still there. I know I have deleted stuff from there in the past.

When I "move" the recordings back to the 722 I now have two copies that I can play, one on the 722 and one on the ext. HDD. I know previously when I moved recordings they really did move but now it's creating copies.

Has anyone else experienced this??

Not sure if this is related to L6.23 or not:

I recently got L6.23 on my 722 and when I just tried to delete 2 recordings from my external HDD those recordings won't delete. The messages say they are being deleted, but the recordings are still there. I know I have deleted stuff from there in the past.

When I "move" the recordings back to the 722 I now have two copies that I can play, one on the 722 and one on the ext. HDD. I know previously when I moved recordings they really did move but now it's creating copies.

Has anyone else experienced this??
This has been a problem for any ext hd that has a sleep mode active on it. Seagate models have to have their sleep mode turned off to work correctly. There is a thread here about using this problem to your advantage in making backups of recordings.

This has been a problem for any ext hd that has a sleep mode active on it. Seagate models have to have their sleep mode turned off to work correctly. There is a thread here about using this problem to your advantage in making backups of recordings.
Don't think this is a sleep mode issue. It's a WD drive that has worked since day one. I can access it without having to power down/up and/or reconnect to the DVR.

The way it is working is now different and the recent variable seems to be L6.23.

Don't think this is a sleep mode issue. It's a WD drive that has worked since day one. I can access it without having to power down/up and/or reconnect to the DVR.

The way it is working is now different and the recent variable seems to be L6.23.

Must be a failing drive then.

I have 5 ext HDs, some WD some Seagate, and all work fine with 6.23

Must be a failing drive then.

I have 5 ext HDs, some WD some Seagate, and all work fine with 6.23
Not sure about that. The drive works fine, it's just the way it works appears to have changed. If you could, since you have L6.23 too, please try moving a recording back to the DVR and see if it is still on the ext. drive. That's what's happening to me and I can still play both copies....

Not sure about that. The drive works fine, it's just the way it works appears to have changed. If you could, since you have L6.23 too, please try moving a recording back to the DVR and see if it is still on the ext. drive. That's what's happening to me and I can still play both copies....

I'll try that today Cosmo. I have a 722 with L623 and a WD drive, don't know when the receiver got the update. Last week I was cleaning up the EHD and didn't have problems but I'll check it out.

I'll try that tonite and report back.

Have you done a hard reboot on your receiver?

No I haven't, but I will as soon as my wife's soaps are done recording. Can't interrupt those!!!

Thanks.

So true...

Let us know. I hate when weird things start popping up right when a new update is crammed down our throats, er, I mean when we are blessed with an update.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)