L627

Since I got the 627 update, I've had a problem a few times with a blank (black with no sound) screen when I turn on the box. Sometimes I can see a live tuner via PIP, but I can't swap tuners. I can bring up the guide and the dvr recording list. I can start a recording and watch the program, but after a short time the screen goes black again. A soft reboot seem too fix the problem, at least temporarily.

I have seen the same.... yesterday, both tuners were black and no sound, even with PIP. I as able to watch recorded programs, but nothing live. It was recording at the time and the recording was black as well. Once I rebooted, it was fine...

FYI on L627 - full release to all 722's as of today (full to 622 was last week) -

DISH Digital Signage, channel locks list re-ordering, remove Signal Rework text, VOD in EPG @ ch. 1support, IRD (DQT) text message #3 update, full VOD in EPG HDCP support and various VOD in EPG UI fixes, EPG Banner Ads Phase 1, WA 1K.4, IPTV Play Buffer from 10% to 5%,Remove Phone Line Nags, Sat. Timer fixes, EBR default timer updates, MPEG4 Trigger fixes, TV Ratings,QPSK-T legacy Checkswitch fix, Misc.

Got my replacement(HDMI port died) 622 today. Older unit then my original. R0077x. After everything downloaded and completed I was on L627 just like my original.

No volume leveling on my 622, just the same Dolby Digital options... I did notice a volume change on all channels however, and had to turn the volume down from 11 to 9 and noticed that the volume difference between programs and commercials is far less abrupt, so 627 did have a volume effect, at least on my 622.

I tested the EHD auto-deletion bug very thoroughly and posted my results in the thread on this big bug a few days ago... In short: it's completely fixed.

I got the new software today. I hate the banner PPV. Called E and ranted, they didnt know it could be shut off.

well its gone for now, but i am definetely looking at options

I finally saw the banner ad today.

I always use favorites list, the banners apparently only show up on the "All Sub" "All Chan" and "All HD" lists, not the favorites lists.

I tested the EHD auto-deletion bug very thoroughly and posted my results in the thread on this big bug a few days ago... In short: it's completely fixed.
I'm not certain that the EHD issue is "completely" fixed on my 622. While I do not think I've been having any further auto-deletions since getting L627, there is definitely something funky going on when it comes to resuming. Sometimes the recording gives me the option to resume, when I return to a recording on my EHD that I had partially watched, but sometimes not. Also, if it does allow me to resume, it does not always resume at the point that I was last at. While I'm grateful to have the auto-deletion problem gone, I wonder how kludge-y the fix had to be. Anyone else notice the weirdness I just described?

Yep, I've noticed that resume doesn't exactly work the way it used to, but in comparison to the auto-deletion bug, that's really a pretty minor annoyance. Sure, it's still a bit buggy with respect to how resume works (pause-stop then resume works pretty well), but I can live with that...

The resume has "always" had a may/may-not work. Usually when you try to resume from a position that you had on the internal near the end of recording, it will start near, but not at, the beginning. It is like somebody got minutes and seconds confused. I usually set the position to near the end to be able to check if it is complete but it almost never works after the transfer. So I notice it.
-Ken

I received L627 today, and one big annoyance...both IR and UHF remotes have VERY slow response time. It takes 4 seconds for the EPG to show on the screen after hitting the remote button.

I am having problems with my Harmony One remote.
It is slow to respond and sometimes doesn't respond
at all with my 722. It still works fine with my other
equipment. I have been keeping my regular dish
remote handy and using it a lot. This all started with
the latest update. I have tried a hard reboot as well.

Did anyone else lose OTA reception with L627 on their 722? Mine was fine until this update, but now the local OTA channels all show 0 reception. Its never been an issue for me since installing the antenna 5yrs ago in my attic. I tried a few hard resets but the signal is still non-existant. :(

Yeah, I think the repeats were affected somehow. My ViP622 is unaffected. However, with the 722, I initially thought it was not responding. I discovered I simply have to hold down the buttons longer to achieve the desired effect. I'm not going into the Harmony software to change the repeats just yet. Instead, I'm probably gonna wait it out to see if the next update changes anything.

Did anyone else lose OTA reception with L627 on their 722? Mine was fine until this update, but now the local OTA channels all show 0 reception. Its never been an issue for me since installing the antenna 5yrs ago in my attic. I tried a few hard resets but the signal is still non-existant. :(

No change here.

No change here

I also had this problem. My 622 would not respond to the Harmony One remote unless I held down the keys. I had to change the 'repeat' setting in the 622 device setup from 2 to 3. Not it works fine again. They must have played with the remote timings in the last software update.

I wish this had included volume leveling software. I went from an HD recording to SD yesterday and nearly fell out of my chair because od the volume difference.

Blank Screen

Since I got the 627 update, I've had a problem a few times with a blank (black with no sound) screen when I turn on the box. Sometimes I can see a live tuner via PIP, but I can't swap tuners. I can bring up the guide and the dvr recording list. I can start a recording and watch the program, but after a short time the screen goes black again. A soft reboot seem too fix the problem, at least temporarily.

My 722 is in this state now. I'm slinging to it so there's not much I can to. Can't get anything but a blank screen. Can see the GUI though.

So I start playback of a PVR event (blank screen). Interesting thing is that when I FFWD the time index is garbage (8:27:11 for a 2hr event).

The box is also trying to record an event. Guess I won't know more till I get home.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)