L751 on 722K

Why are you still a Dish costumer.
.......Well to answer your question, is because I do not want to be under another contract, I am tired of contracts !

I ask why did other peoples work with that update and not yours whats different.
. I really do not know why? I am just tired of the excuse dish has given me about the 722K and I wanted it fixed.
I am not an engineer but. You have done all you can, but I can't explain why you have constant trouble and most people don't.
No your not an engineer and they cant even explain it but to say its the software. There are a lot of people who have and had the same trouble as me they just do post on here. They posted on another forum.

Take them up on the keep sending you 722k's.
WHY ? I am tired of losing my DVR'd movies and shows, and no I am not putting an external HD on. Yes I am getting hard headed and I am allowed to be. I pay my bill each and every month like you. I expect to get what I pay for . Wouldn't you?
if you want to get hard headed have a new box sent with the update plug it in if it doesn't work move on
I asked for the update to be sent with my last box, was told they cant guarantee it. talked to countless reps and supervisors.
Could have been a bad run of hard drives or a heat problem , static.
NOPE!, had a tech here and it froze twice while he was running new cable, he saw what was happening and couldn't believe it, got on the phone and called his supervisor.
I have learned to not speak in terms of always, never, forever.
WHATEVER!.
All I know is I am tired of taking days off to have a tech come, the last one didn't even show up a few weeks ago, after I took the day off, I just want fixed what I pay for. Its not so unreasonable .
As of this week, I now have the L752, have not been home long enough to watch and tv let alone see if it still freezes and reboots.
But look on the bright side you have FOREVER
You really are an ass !

mmcl26554
ippymiss
I know your situation and I must say you have the worst of the worst! If you need to RANT, go ahead I've got your back! Every forum has their members who think they are the police of grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, form and message. On another forum I was criticized by one of these self appointed police because I didn't double space my paragraphs and didn't have enough paragraphs. He thought it made it difficult for him to read! Poor Baby!
Hope springs eternal in the human heart! Hang in there. But in the meantime rant a little, you'll feel better.
Michael
Thanks, I am done ranting about the 722K. lol.

Ranting about losing recorded shows when the 722 has the ability to back up to an external drive because you "refuse to put a hard drive on" is not hard headed, it's unreasonable.

I ranted about the 722k and all the problems we are having with it. losing my recordings is the last thing on my list. I could care less about the recorded shows actually, I just want my 722K fixed the way it is suppose to work. I just do not feel I have to go thru 15 -722K's when it is the software, numerous tech visits and all new equipment. It is a waste of time and money. Mine and theirs. If this was to happen to any of you I would think you would feel the same way.

WHY ? I am tired of losing my DVR'd movies and shows, and no I am not putting an external HD on. Yes I am getting hard headed and I am allowed to be. I pay my bill each and every month like you. I expect to get what I pay for . Wouldn't you?
aaa... not ranting .. ok then.

How about a little empathy for ippymiss and her problems with the 722k.
I believe that many of us would have thrown in the towel said good bye to Dish but instead ippymiss has chosen to fulfill their contract and stay with Dish on the promise the problem would be fixed. All of us have the right to expect that Dish equipment would always work as intended without having to add any extra equipment or restrict appropriate use due to a software defect. I have been with Dish for a very long time and have replaced a lot of receivers, especially the DVR's. The fact that dish has doubled the price of it's extended warranty demonstrates to me that the problem with the Dish receivers is getting worse and more customers are replacing them. Instead of fixing the reliability of their receivers, Dish raises the price of their warranty. One of the issues about the Dish receivers is what to do when they crash, as they all do. The first thing a CSR wants you to do is unplug the receiver and plug it in again. Fine, that often works and cures a lot of ills albeit temporarily. For me and many of us, unplugging the receiver is not an easy process especially if you have an entertainment center with a lot of equipment. I have often wondered and frequently suggested they install a hard
on/off switch on the back of the receiver so you don't have to unplug it. I did some electrical rewiring of my entertainment and now have a switch for each receiver and other equipment so I can do this easily. There is a button on the front of my 722k's that may do this, but CSR's often say that may not work! So why did they install this switch if it does not do what was intended?
Anyway, when a member is having a problem we can all identify with and has become frustrated with the ill-informed off-shore CSR's and chooses this forum to vent a little we should offer some empathy! Wouldn't it be better to say "Man, I hate when that happens" then to chastise them for complaining? If you haven't experienced a problem similar to ippymiss, you will. That is the nature of Dish.
Michael

How about a little empathy for ippymiss and her problems with the 722k.
I believe that many of us would have thrown in the towel said good bye to Dish but instead ippymiss has chosen to fulfill their contract and stay with Dish on the promise the problem would be fixed. All of us have the right to expect that Dish equipment would always work as intended without having to add any extra equipment or restrict appropriate use due to a software defect. I have been with Dish for a very long time and have replaced a lot of receivers, especially the DVR's. The fact that dish has doubled the price of it's extended warranty demonstrates to me that the problem with the Dish receivers is getting worse and more customers are replacing them. Instead of fixing the reliability of their receivers, Dish raises the price of their warranty. One of the issues about the Dish receivers is what to do when they crash, as they all do. The first thing a CSR wants you to do is unplug the receiver and plug it in again. Fine, that often works and cures a lot of ills albeit temporarily. For me and many of us, unplugging the receiver is not an easy process especially if you have an entertainment center with a lot of equipment. I have often wondered and frequently suggested they install a hard
on/off switch on the back of the receiver so you don't have to unplug it. I did some electrical rewiring of my entertainment and now have a switch for each receiver and other equipment so I can do this easily. There is a button on the front of my 722k's that may do this, but CSR's often say that may not work! So why did they install this switch if it does not do what was intended?
Anyway, when a member is having a problem we can all identify with and has become frustrated with the ill-informed off-shore CSR's and chooses this forum to vent a little we should offer some empathy! Wouldn't it be better to say "Man, I hate when that happens" then to chastise them for complaining? If you haven't experienced a problem similar to ippymiss, you will. That is the nature of Dish.
Michael
I've not chastised anyone.
Want me to show empathy? I'm more than happy to help someone who's open to accepting it.
Preconceived notions and inflammatory statements do not fly with me.

STOP... think about this logically... are we looking to get help.. or just looking to complain?

There is NOT a mass reboot software issue with the 722k. There is obviously a new OTA tuner bug in the code. People that post here (or the "other place") represent a small portion of total subscribers. Furthermore people having issues are far more likely to post a complaint, than someone who's never had an issue. I wouldn't pin a shread of hope that a software update is going to fix the issues that this person is having. There would be massive complaints if this was a widespread experience. It must be something local...
The nature of DISH is to have problems that inhibit viewing??? Really???
Holy perspective check.... Electronic devices and software are not PERFECT. Are we trying to solve an issue ... or start a revolution.. lol...
Dish, to me, offers a far superior product and service. Even with the OTA bug, my 722 is by far, one of the best pieces of equipment I've had the pleasure to own.

This issue is indeed strange as I have 2 722k's. One is over a year old and totally unaffected by this freezing and rebooting problem, the other is affected. However, not to the extent of ippymiss's problem. Since both occupy essentially the same location, with the same connections and only one has the problem, I must conclude there is something different about the 2 receivers, but I don't know what. I do know it is not on my end as both should be effected. Even 3 exchanges of receivers has not fixed the problem with the second receiver.
Michael

I've not chastised anyone.
Want me to show empathy? I'm more than happy to help someone who's open to accepting it.
Preconceived notions and inflammatory statements do not fly with me.

STOP... think about this logically... are we looking to get help.. or just looking to complain?

There is NOT a mass reboot software issue with the 722k. There is obviously a new OTA tuner bug in the code. People that post here (or the "other place") represent a small portion of total subscribers. Furthermore people having issues are far more likely to post a complaint, than someone who's never had an issue. I wouldn't pin a shread of hope that a software update is going to fix the issues that this person is having. There would be massive complaints if this was a widespread experience. It must be something local...
The nature of DISH is to have problems that inhibit viewing??? Really???
Holy perspective check.... Electronic devices and software are not PERFECT. Are we trying to solve an issue ... or start a revolution.. lol...
Dish, to me, offers a far superior product and service. Even with the OTA bug, my 722 is by far, one of the best pieces of equipment I've had the pleasure to own.

Maybe I didn't put it as well as you just did but,, DIDO..I also understand when it affects you, it is a more sensitive issue. Also text, emails and posts it's hard to tell " what he/she is really saying intent, inflection and yes being an ass. Sometimes there is too much , "Oh no you dident", in the reading. JMO Peace

Well, friends, looks like L752 is NOT the fix! My 722k (the one of 2 I have that has the disease) froze today! Now What Dish?
Michael

Most fixes are a tech, or a swapped receiver. But I believe the OTA Module is still the original. I know that is out of pocket, but I have read that replacing the OTA mod fixes this for some people. Had a friend who had the issue, bought one off Ebay swapped it out and all is good. Was like 35.00. Techs that have extra sell them. Also I am a tech in another field, but it seems to work well if you remove adapter. Boot up everything. Shut down add adapter. And start over. Give the receiver a chance to not see any adapter. If you have more then one receiver try one at a time keeps investment down. Peace

I called Dish advanced technical support today, just to needle them about this failure. They offered the usual, replace receiver, send an installer (I don't these people know more than I do about these systems and installations). I told them I felt that was useless they said they would have someone call me to see if more could be done. I will ask for a replacement of the OTA module because it has never been replaced. I have 2 of these receivers one is rock solid been working without a flaw for over a year, never had to reboot it. I could swap modules but I really don't want to disturb the working one. It always takes the wind out of the CSR's sails when they want to blame my system and I tell them I have two 722K's in the same entertainment center, connected to the same electrical circuit, connected to the same satellite and OTA antennas and one works flawlessly, the other has the freezing virus. They don't have much more to say! I'm wondering if anyone else with L752 is still having problems.

I have a 722k that was just installed on 6/25 with software version L752 and I currently have the freeze and then it reboot problem. Not happy especially when it does it when your recording something. What to do, oh what to do

I had my OTA replaced 2 times....I do not think that is the fix. We have kinda given up on tv the past few weeks....just do not have the time . Nothing good on anyways. MMCL...I feel your pain. I was so hoping the L752 was the fix for the rebooting and freezing. I really do not think Dish has a clue now as to what is causing the problems.

I have a 722k that was just installed on 6/25 with software version L752 and I currently have the freeze and then it reboot problem. Not happy especially when it does it when your recording something. What to do, oh what to do

Does it have an OTA module installed?

Eric

Well, friends, looks like L752 is NOT the fix! My 722k (the one of 2 I have that has the disease) froze today! Now What Dish?
Michael
Odd, I have had L752 since 6/20 and my K has been rock solid and it was NOT since the L750 fiasco! In fact I have tried to make it freeze by doing all the things I knew would before and I can't get it to, so I happily thought they had finally found the cure. Sorry to see yours is still all wobbly...

Well for me things just got worse! Now my 722k which NEVER had a problem has begun to freeze, and the only thing that has changed with it is L752. So I have 2 722k's that now freeze. However, the freezing is a little different. It only seems to freeze when you are in the guide. You can't get out of the guide but you can turn the receiver off and on and change channels, but the guide stays. Also different, when the 722K froze my wife turned it off (not reboot) for a while and when she turned it back on it was OK!So not only has Dish not fixed my problematic 722k, but they have made my good one sick!! What a "revolting development this is"!
Michael

mmcl...welcome to my world............lol......I get the guide freezing and/or .....info on top of screen freezes and cant change channels. Had a freeze today. I guess I spoke to soon on the update. If I would turn off, it was still there , it took a reboot or unplug to fix it. Hate when I am recording and it does that, lose about 5 min of taping. At times it takes forever to reboot.

I going to try something. I had a problem with one of my first receivers it was a JVC digital tape, and it was a real POS! I saw a Charlie Chat where their technical VP Mike Dugan was talking about how great this receiver was. I sent him an email and said "I heard you on Charlie Chat today and you used the Words 'great and JVC' in the same sentence, Surely you JEST! The next day I got a call from him and I told him about all the problems with it, and there were many. He said he would check into it and get back to me. He called back in 3 days and asked me what I wanted. I told him to send me a 5000 receiver (top of the line at that time) and a $350 credit toward programming. He did it! A couple of other time I had problems which he resolved. Now he is CEO of Echostar, but maybe he will be able to help with the sick 722k's. Worth a shot, got nothing to lose.
Michael

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)