L751 on 722K

I wont go as far as saying a vacation but it did calm down a bit but we still get the freezes and reboots, maybe because we are not as home as much and I am working 2 jobs now. lol.
we are still with dish and haven't gone to the other side yet....actually just do not want to sign another 2 yr agreement again with dish or anyone else.. I wish we would get the update, seems there is another coming out after 751/ Just want one of them to see if it does work . Tired of the crap that is dished out to me and others about the 722K. I do not want the hopper or another different receiver. just want what we have fixed and working the right way. Off to work......... :)

Been awhile since I was on the boards.
Just saw this thread and thought, "Oh boy, surely this will fix the freeze up problem."
Wow, what disappointment.
How can they have such a huge problem with one of their major receivers and just let it drag out for ever.
I have a ton of patience and I am about to let go.

I am at work right now.
I do not know if I have the update yet. My comments so far are just from what the others are reporting.
Maybe I will get lucky and it will magically fix mine.
I will check when I get home and then see if it freezes up. It wont take long as mine freezes up about twice a week or more.

Just checked and I have the latest L752 now.
Not sure when it hit so I will keep and eye out and see what happens with the freezes.
Fingers crossed.

For anyone who has two 722k receivers where one has been upgraded to 7.52 and the other still has 7.50 or 7.51. Is the receiver number of the one upgraded to 7.52 higher or lower than the receiver with 7.50/7.51.

I am curious because my 722k has a receiver number beginning with R01275XXXXX and it still has 7.50.

My 722K is R01096xxxxxxxxx and still on the L750 .....I will NEVER get the update to see if if stops the rebooting and freezing.

My 722K is R01096xxxxxxxxx and still on the L750 .....I will NEVER get the update to see if if stops the rebooting and freezing.

NEVER EVER! Really a bit of drama. I have been watching the boards on up dates for a while rarely comment on it but. This update seems to mean more to people. Few things I noticed was if it it connected to the internet/broadband it will load much quicker. Second there really is no pattern or reason from the users stand point as to when it hits. I am sure Dish has a pattern or schedule but I see none. I have three 722k's all have updated. See no bad or good from update. I have three OTA modules. And all serl numbers are around R01103XXXXX.

DRAMA! really ? I have had nothing but freezes and reboots since December . I guess if you do not know my situation then don't comment on it ! I have been very patient with Dish, overly patient! Giving them the benefit of the doubt etc..... I have had EVERYTHING reinstalled new, 5 tech visits, electrician visit......etc... All dish has to say is "you have to wait for the update and it will take care of it OR we can keep sending you 722K's " I have had the OTA out and replaced, taken it out and left it out while viewing . Still freezes and then we have to reboot. Taken the internet off for a few days and it still freezes. Changing from one sat channel to another still freezes. It all started in December , for two years before that we have had no problems until the 751 update.
So we have tried everything possible other then move to another provider .I do not want the hopper or a different receiver. I just want what I have paid for and still paying for to work . I am getting hard headed now and will be until this is fixed. I have a notebook with everything wrote down , time, day etc... So don't say it drama.

ippymiss
I know your situation and I must say you have the worst of the worst! If you need to RANT, go ahead I've got your back! Every forum has their members who think they are the police of grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, form and message. On another forum I was criticized by one of these self appointed police because I didn't double space my paragraphs and didn't have enough paragraphs. He thought it made it difficult for him to read! Poor Baby!
Hope springs eternal in the human heart! Hang in there. But in the meantime rant a little, you'll feel better.
Michael

DRAMA! really ? I have had nothing but freezes and reboots since December . I guess if you do not know my situation then don't comment on it ! I have been very patient with Dish, overly patient! Giving them the benefit of the doubt etc..... I have had EVERYTHING reinstalled new, 5 tech visits, electrician visit......etc... All dish has to say is "you have to wait for the update and it will take care of it OR we can keep sending you 722K's " I have had the OTA out and replaced, taken it out and left it out while viewing . Still freezes and then we have to reboot. Taken the internet off for a few days and it still freezes. Changing from one sat channel to another still freezes. It all started in December , for two years before that we have had no problems until the 751 update.
So we have tried everything possible other then move to another provider .I do not want the hopper or a different receiver. I just want what I have paid for and still paying for to work . I am getting hard headed now and will be until this is fixed. I have a notebook with everything wrote down , time, day etc... So don't say it drama.

I am not any kind of police or watcher. The drama comment was meant as light humor sorry to upset you further.I have learned to not speak in terms of always, never, forever. To permanent. Very hard to backup.Now for your problem with freezing and reboots. I have three 722k's and have read that the software issue is to be a problem with many. I have had to reboot maybe 3 times in six months lockups basically. But the type of problems you have had, seem extreme and well in a word you will never be happy. As you stated you have tried EVERYTHING. If it is a OTA bug fix seems that you covered that also with or without new software. I am not an engineer but. You have done all you can, but I can't explain why you have constant trouble and most people don't. That is not a knock. Could have been a bad run of hard drives or a heat problem , static. If you really believe NEVER. Why are you still a Dish costumer. Again I can't possibly know the depths of you pain and frustration. But if you want to get hard headed have a new box sent with the update plug it in if it doesn't work move on. Take them up on the keep sending you 722k's. You link this to 751 in December. I ask why did other peoples work with that update and not yours whats different. And no you should not have to screw with this crap after calling Dish, electrician, discontinuing internet, reboots. But look on the bright side you have FOREVER. Sorry had to.

WoW!!! L752 appears to be rolling out at an astounding rate approaching three 722K receivers per week. By the time my receiver gets upgraded from L750 to L752, I will have graduated from boxer shorts to depends.

I got L752 on Tuesday, July 3. I do have the OTA module in my 722k and - so far - no freeze-ups!! I had been averaging 2-3 freeze-ups per week since last Fall - and they always happened when TV1 or TV2 tuned to an OTA channel during "live" TV. Also, this update appears to have fixed the loss of broadband. I had given up on a fix for this issue, and was "this close" to finalizing a receiver swap for a 722 (non-k). Thanks, DISH, for FINALLY coming through with this update.

Eric

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)