Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
La Liga is Back!!! LIVE and in High Definition!
Spanish Primera Liga on WorldSportHD: Sunday, August 27 at 1pm EDT

_real_madrid2_.gif
Real Madrid vs.
_villarreal_.gif
Villarreal
La Liga Report pre-game show starts 30 minutes before the game around 12:30pm ET.
Join our game-time discussion in this thread!

Note, that due to the last-minute schedule change this game is not in your program guide!

For the latest schedules, please check the following thread: Schedule of Live Soccer Matches on WorldSport-HD Season 2006-2007
Logos are courtesy of www.hqfl.dk

I cant thank you enough for this information. I just thought i hadnt seen anything about La Liga games on WorldSport, let me find out when the start. You Rock!!!!!

From Paul Giblin:

08/24/06

Well, here we are in the final countdown to the start of a new season in Spain, a season you will of course be able to watch live and direct in glorious high-definition on World Sport.

As always with the closing days before the campaign, the nerves start to tingle and everyone is asking the same big questions:

Can Barcelona make it three titles in a row?
The reigning League and Champions League champions have bought wisely and look to have added power to their defense and covered the loss of Larsson, who has returned to Sweden.

Will Real Madrid finally end their losing streak and take the title to the Bernabeu?
New president Ramon Calderon has put his faith in experienced coach Fabio Capello and splashed the cash. Madrid look powerful in every position as they have brought in experienced players who Capello has worked with before. It may not be a long-term plan, but they have bought to win now

Is this going to be Valencia's year?
Quique Sanchez Flores did well in his first season in charge at a difficult club to coach. They pushed Madrid hard for 2nd place, before just failing at the last. At Mestalla, they too have added to what was already a powerful squad and a title shot is a real possibility.Are Atletico Madrid finally going to get it right? We ask the question year after year and the answer is always 'no'. This time they have an experienced coach in Javier Aguirre, who worked wonders with Osasuna, and have brought in a lot of new faces (as usual) Can Aguirre get them to finally gel as a unit?

But there are more questions that the coming months will tell us:

Who will this season's surprise package be? Sevilla have done well recently, can they make the step up into the top 4? And can Osasuna repeat last year's heroics or will they struggle with the burden of Europe?

What about Villarreal? The "yellow submarine" has continually punched about it's weight, will their bubble burst this time around?

And what about Deportivo? They have struggled to make an impact for the last two years, but Caparros has bought wisely and they could challenge again.Will Athletic Bilbao spring a surprise after last season's battle against relegation? They certainly have talent in their squad; can new coach Felix Sarriugarte get the most out of them?

And down at the bottom who faces the prospect of relegation? Racing Santander look candidates as do Espanyol, who have spent two years on the brink. The new boys Gimnastic Tarragona, Recreativo Huelva and Levante will find it hard and what about Getafe who have sold most of their best players???

And of course talking about players: do I have to say more than Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Van Nistelrooy, Beckham, Joaquin, David Villa, Xavi Hernandez, Maxi Rodriguez, El Niño Torres, Nihat, Fran Yeste, Cicinho. the list of stars goes on and on, who will be decisive come the middle of June?

All of this and more will be answered in High Definition when La Liga returns to World Sport this weekend, so take a deep breath, sit back and relax, because from now on its tension and excitement all the way.

Enjoy.

The live game is on! Welcome back everyone!
If you are watching, please post in this thread.

There is so much compression on this signal on any action. It is hard to watch. I am comparing to the espn2 hd signal when they were televising the world cup and there was a lot less compression on espn2hd than what I see today.

Sean Mota said:
Did Ronaldo retire?
He underwent an operation to clean up his left knee after the World Cup. He needs another month before he is fully fit.
Though I don't know if we will se him at all, as AC Milan expressed an interest in signing him... ;)

Worldsport Channel

can someone help me out pls., am watching the Real Madrid/Villarreal game on Worldsport and regardless of what screen size setting I set the tv to, the lefthand 1/3 or so of the yellow framed score doesn't fit on the scrren...anyone have this problems? if so any suggestions (this isn't a new problem)
am enjoying watching Beckham play but what's up with his hair
thanks!

dfecarter said:
can someone help me out pls., am watching the Real Madrid/Villarreal game on Worldsport and regardless of what screen size setting I set the tv to, the lefthand 1/3 or so of the yellow framed score doesn't fit on the scrren...anyone have this problems? if so any suggestions (this isn't a new problem)
thanks!

Sounds like a geometry problem with your TV. On mine the Scoreboard is fine. There is a setting on your tv that lets you set the geometry but it is usually in the manual or what they call the service manual. Be careful when doing this and write down the original geometry settings.

dfecarter said:
thanks!
What is the first letter that you can see?
They don't leave much space there. So, if your TV set has more than 3% overscan, you may not see the entire score board.

Occasional video dropouts, and choppy sound :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)