La Liga is back! 8/27 @ 1pm ET: Real Madrid vs. Villarreal

riffjim4069 said:
I wonder how many people will jump into defend HD-Lite if I mention the PQ has been grainy and out of focus more than I remember in the past? Is anyone watching it live (79th minutes)?

I am at 58th minute. The problem I see is that WorldSport maybe better suited at 1280x720p since the 1080i compression can be seen more noticeably than ever before. Maybe at 720p there woudn't be a noticeable difference and it will be just like we saw on ESPN2 HD this summer. The 1080i channels are all suffering from this fiasco that HD Lite is.

riffjim4069 said:
I wonder how many people will jump into defend HD-Lite if I mention the PQ has been grainy and out of focus more than I remember in the past? Is anyone watching it live (79th minutes)?
I am watching it live. I don't know, the picture looks about average to me. And I can't say that ESPN looked much better. I saw compression artifacts during the World Cup too.

Ilya said:
I am watching it live. I don't know, the picture looks about average to me. And I can't say that ESPN looked much better. I saw compression artifacts during the World Cup too.
The compression artifacts aren't that much worse than what I recall seeing on ESPN/ABC, but there is lot more of them. I didn't think the World Cup PQ was all that good by the way, but I feel it was much better than what I'm seeing on WorldSportHD.

In any case, it sure is nice to have La Liga back for another season...:eek:

Just to point out I took this picture of Riquelme as he was leaving. Look at this name on the back full of compression. Actually his shirt was all showing macroblocking. The picture does not give you a full picture of what is seeing live.

Attachments

• P8271446.JPG
    P8271446.JPG
    613.7 KB · Views: 111
Out of curiosity I just played a fragment of the World Cup Final, recorded off ABC-HD (OTA), and I must agree that the picture on WorldSport does look much softer and more compressed than the one on ABC (which is not perfect either).

Well, not too many goals today! Oh well. :D
But it's great to see La Liga again! See you guys in two week!
(No league games next weekend.)

Yep, that's what I'm seeing on my Mits and Sony. All the DishHD channels look fine on my 30 inch Samsung...and I'm sure they would look stuffing if I could play them on my 4 inch PocketDish.:rolleyes:

Anyway, I had some old VOOMHD 1920x1080i recordings (Bubba Ho-Tep for one) on my 942 prior to turning it back into Dish for a second 622. The direct comparisons of Bubba Ho-Tep 1920x1080i versus 1280x1080i were huge in my opinion. Anyway, what did you use to capture those images? I've looked at various Media Center options, but so far nothing has really captured my attention (pardon the pun).

I hate to complain so much about HD-Lite, but I'm getting to point where 75% of the stuff I'm watching is OTA HD or some SD news/sports programming. Actually, now that I have a Slingbox and can watch sports programming from my home town, along with the fact I have a *C HD receiver/satellite system en en route so I watch my home town sports teams (Detroit HD) along with West Coast HD (Seattle), CBCHD/TSNHD (Hockey), there is even less value with my DishHD subscription with each passing day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)