La Liga Returns to VOOM - Memorial Day Weekend!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
La Liga

You will be glad you didn't! Once you get into it, it won't look boring to you. There is a lot of action there. No time for commercial breaks! ;)[/QUOTE]

Hey, Ilya, if you play soccer, you are addicted, Go out, play a game, come home, tune in La Liga, avoid beer ( :D )! Just kidding.

Ilya, what is your projection for this summer on Rush for Soccer? possibly repeats on the weekends? Or fresh games?

The soccer season ends soon. So, I wouldn't expect any live games until August-September.

From Paul

Just got an update from Paul Giblin:

Hi there, Paul here...

Just to let you know the new wagon got its first run out on Saturday in the R Madrid - Racing Santander game we did.

it is incredible, very high-tech and seems about 3 times bigger than the old lorry....It sort of has a 'Tardis-like effect' (if you have ever seen or heard of Doctor Who) that makes it almost appear bigger on the inside than the outside.

Saying that, there were some teething problems, for some reason, Sid and I had real problems with the monitor. It's only about 10 inches wide anyhow, but we didn't get any replays sent through to us. When there was a replay we got a black screen - which was a nightmare. So I apologise in advance for any errors in comments, names etc in that game - but i have got my excuse in quickly...

The old lorry is currently in Moscow, where they have been covering the Euroleague Final Four - which ended yesterday. Seems they had a nightmare with the lorry held up for 3 days on the border until someone paid a bribe!!!!!! .....which sort of makes you think maybe it would be a good thing if Moscow didn't get the 2012 Olympics.

As for us doing 2 games a week next season, I doubt that will happen, although you never know...I'm just happy we will be doing live games.

I also hope we can get going again in the UEFA Cup. We seemed to run out of steam in the last 16 - partly due to covering Euroleague basketball and (i suspect) because everyone was watching the cash to see what happened with Voom...

Anyhow, three games left - looks like Sevilla - R Madrid on Saturday for me, then Barca - Villarreal and to end with, either Atletico Madrid - Getafe or maybe Zaragoza - R Madrid...

The way things are going Getafe could finish above Atletico...

Right that's it. I am going to Bilbao for the Cup semi-final (Athletic Bilbao - Betis) on Wednesday, but as a fan not to work. Keep your fingers crossed we can beat Betis because it's about time we won the Cup again.

cheers PAUL

Breaking News!

LIVE La Liga match on Rush-HD!

Rush-HD and WorldSport-HD are planning to have a live broadcast from Spain on May 28/29.
The Final week of the Spanish League Competition!
It will be either Zaragoza vs. Real Madrid or Real Sociedad vs. Barcelona

Stay tuned for further updates...

Next Fall

Great news..... But what is the future La Liga HD programing on Rush?

Weekend games when 05/06 Season starts? Or not?

Yes, the plan is to have the entire season of La Liga (one game each weekend, as before), initially on Rush, moving to WorldSport, once the channel is relaunched later in 2005 or early in 2006. Not sure if all the contracts are already signed, but all intentions are there. Looks good!

Does anyone know if they are going to replay any more La Liga games on Rush in the off-season? I just got the Voom channels on E* and I look forward to La Liga games in HD!!

My wife and I were in Madrid for the Real Madrid/Barca game in April and I will never forget that experience! I would love to see that game again in HD! :)

MarkoC said:
Does anyone know if they are going to replay any more La Liga games on Rush in the off-season?
Yes, they are going to do it all summer long! Here are the first taped games to be shown.

New blurb added to the site.

The text looks verbatim from here, all caps etc.. :)

WORLDSPORT WEEKENDS ON RUSH:

IN THE WORKS: May 28/29: Final week of the Spanish League LIVE match:
Zaragoza vs. Real Madrid
-or-
Real Sociedad vs. Barcelona. stay tuned.

MAY 28:
9AM: LA LIGA REPORT
9:30AM: BARCELONA VS. ALBACETE
12:00PM: LA LIGA REPORT
12:30PM: REAL MADRID VS. RACING
3:00PM: EUROLEAGUE GAME 1 ROUND OF 8 (NEVER AIRED DUE TO TECH
DIFFICULTIES): BENETTON VS. TAU

MAY 29:
9AM: LA LIGA REPORT
9:30AM: SEVILLA VS. REAL MADRID
12:00PM: LA LIGA REPORT
12:30PM: BARCELONA VS. VILLAREAL (proposed)
3:00PM: EUROLEAGUE GAME 2 ROUND OF 8 TAU VS. BENETTON

New website coming soon...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)