La Liga Season 2007-2008 on WorldSportHD

So far, it's not been the Sevilla that appeared against Arsenal. Even though there have been chances, the defence on both sides seem good. Drago has been blocking Messi's way better than expected. Toure has been solid for Barca in defence. Iniesta has been insightful, but hasn't had a target many times because Henry's touch has been mildly underwhelming.

After one half, I feel like Sevilla's uniform is reminding me of Pepto Bismol usage for my heartburn. :)

Sound balance between the game and the voice commentary is much improved from other broadcasts.

I hope we get some goals, however...

Thanks for the great production guys in Spain!

Last edited:
Some good shots, but no goals yet. Hopefully we'll see more action in the second half!

Gooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal!!!!!

At last! :D

Gooooooooaaaaaaaaal!!!! 2:0!

The game has definitly changed in the second half!

Goooooooaaaaaaal!!! 2:1 :)

Excellent goals by Messi today! The second half was well worth waiting for!

We'll see more Barca on Wednesday.

P.S. Paul, thanks for mentioning SatelliteGuys on the air again! :D

An entertaining match...maybe a predictable final score, but no real surprise in the end. Barcelona wins at home. How they manage on the road I think will tell the tale for them this year. Abidal and Yaya Toure I really think are massive additions for Barcelona. As soon as Toure came off and Oleguer filled in for him, Barca conceded the only goal against. Am afraid Mr. Oleguer should consider another club because he's looking like a joke compared to Toure. Finally, a LIVE match with Barca! Thanks again for a great game, Paul & Co...

BTW, if I know anything about La Liga games, it's all due to you, Paul (& Sid). I started watching Spanish La Liga games in the 2004 season and owe it to you guys and your informative broadcasts and the La Liga Report. I didn't know anything at all about that league until then.

Cheers!

Last edited:
I think the general schedule thread (this one) should be spoiler-free, and goal comments (and other comments about the play in matches) should be in a separate thread.

There is a need for a thread to go to, to read schedule information. If you then get spoiled on the match, there is not much point to the schedule.

For example, I did not have time today for La Liga, due to Arsenal and Middlesbrough matches both being televised. And, I might have been able to catch a repeat showing on Sunday, even with ManU vs the Mourinho-less...

Hi folks, glad you enjoyed the game if not Sevilla's horrific kit (we think marketing obligations)...

Mourinho...hmmmm, there are Atletico Madrid rumours floating about, as well as Inter Milan. it would be great for us if he came out....all of a sudden the journos would be in demand and find a replacement for the sadly departed (to LA) David Beckham.

I liked YaYa and Abidal last night and we all had a laugh at poor old Oleguer..he has a problem in that he is such a public Catalan nationalist that he can't really move to another lcub in Spain, because all of the fans would hate him.

We also heard some good Ronaldinho stories...they involve him being out to 6am before having to travel for an away game (all be it a friendly) not great behaviour from a pro.

Anyhow, will write more on Worldsport website tomorrow.

Cheers PAUL

Hi folks, glad you enjoyed the game if not Sevilla's horrific kit (we think marketing obligations)...

Awful kit is all I can think of. I enjoyed the game and the broadcast. Thanks guys.

I was somewhat dissapointed by Sevilla's play too conformist like you guys put it in the broadcast. But I guess they are not ready to play head on Barca yet

It looks like the next 2 games will be:

LIVE: Thursday, 9/27/2007 @ 4pm ET - Real Madrid vs. Real Betis
LIVE: Sunday, 9/30/2007 @ 1pm ET - Getafe vs. Real Madrid

Yeah- R Madrid - Betis and Getafe - R Madrid will be the next two games...sorry about telling you otherwise on Saturday night. Seems we are still conditioned by the TV rights war, which seems to be toning down a bit, but still on. To be honest I am not heartbroken by the change - it has been 4 games on the road and it will be nice to be able to sleep in my own bed on a weekend for a change.

Not only that but on Wednesday, i will be able to sit at home and watch my Engish team (Second division side Hull City) play Chelsea in the Carling Cup.

Just a reminder Real Madrid - Betis is THURSDAY night.

cheers

Maybe with Grant as manager at Chelsea, your Hull city team will just have a chance...:p

Anyways, here's hoping...as it would be a massive embarrassment for Chelsea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)