La Liga Season 2007-2008 on WorldSportHD

LIVE: Thursday, September 27 at 4pm ET on WorldSportHD
_real_madrid2_.gif
Real Madrid vs.
_real_betis_.gif
Real Betis
Don't forget to set your DVRs!

I missed the first half, but the second half was fun to watch. I am not posting the final score not to spoil it for anyone, since most of you, I am sure DVR'd this one. :)

Next match

LIVE: Sunday, September 30 at 1pm ET on WorldSportHD
_getafe_cf_.gif
Getafe vs.
_real_madrid2_.gif
Real Madrid
The live broadcast is expected to begin at 12:58pm ET

I see WorldSportHD added the following disclaimer next to the game's schedule:
"*Issues between SPL rights holders may result in blackouts for international broadcast."

Is it just in case, or are there real concerns about the tomorow's broadcast? I am not sure.

Good question. I bloody hope not!

Getafe have a deal with Audiovisual Sport and not Mediapro, so in theory they could shut us out. In reality, last weekend, they let Mediapro camera into their ground and i think the chances are that at the very least they will let our HD cameras in for Internaitonal pictures. If not they could get heat from just about everyone, including Madrid, who have the same deal they have, but on Thursday let us in for HD and internaitonal images...FIngers crossed that with a bit of luck that will happen and for us the problems will be more or less over. Of course come 7pm tomorrow, i could be standing outside of the ground and swearing like a trooper.

I know for a fact platforms such as Sky, Al Jazzira Sports and others are well and truely fed up with events....and sooner rather than later they will take legal action if things are not resolved once and for all.

hope to see you (or at least speak to you all tomorrow)
ps odd Madrid squad, no Higuain, and Van Nistelrooy still not fit....I think Robben may start.

Thanks Paul, for the updates. I've been following this thread and figured I should probably reply so you know that someone cares and really appreciates it (and shares these tidbits with other La Liga fans.)

I'm surprised that Sky and other broadcasters have not gotten involved legally, it seems like a grievous problem. I was trying to explain this whole mess to a friend with the issues of broadcasting within Spain, vs. Internationally vs. PPV, the 'ley del fútbol', explaining Audiovisual, Sogecable & Mediapro, and the buying of rights for different teams rather than the entire league. I gave up trying to explain and just started cussing like a trooper myself. I also hope you're not stuck swearing outside the Coliseum Alfonso Perez.

Thank you for your work, I love fútbol in HD and do enjoy yours and Sid's banter, feels like you guys are sitting on my couch chatting away. Pssst... feel free to give Sid more of a hard time when he howls at every single call, then has to retract at the replay. :p

The broadcast of the Getafe/Madrid game seems to not be live. They are instead replaying Thursday's Real Madrid/Betis game...I hope this gets fixed soon. Frustrating, but I imagine Spanish broadcasting is a nightmare!

Wecome to the forum, Horsey!

Well, looks like no live game today... :(

There is also a possibility that they were let in to tape it, but were not allowed to go live on the air...

^ Lol, probably. It's just more fun to imagine the drama of being blocked at the gates by Spanish TV rights mercenaries hired to protect the... protect the... whatever. ;)

Yeah I can see it: police barricades and the WorldSport crew desperately trying to break in! :D

Oh yes Paul is cussing....the strory: Our truck turned up Saturday morning and they waited all day becuase Getafe wouldn't let them in - they tried again this moring until 14.30 local time at which point the whole thing was called off...sorry not to write earlier, my internet went down (sod's law). I was out on a ride with my cycle club this morning when I heard there were problems...Got home, called Sid, swore a lot and cursed Sogecable (mediapro's rivals in all of this) mainly because they have no right to cut off the international signal.

God knows where this will leave the TV war now. From where I can see, we can do R Madrid and Barca (I hope) but it does look as if the two TV platforms look set for a long haul with a lot of lawsuits flying around - ie from UK; Arab, US etc TV platforms, angry at not getting their game and probably from club sponsors furious at not getting their product up on screen...Not the way ofr the 'best league in the World' or rather it's TV providers to run their affairs..

The only good new was that I had a long lunch and a siesta, but would have rather been in Getafe (1 hour away on metro)

Really sorry folks...
by the way the other good news is that bearing in mind our contract is for 38 games a season, i suppose one weekend we will have to do 2 games to make up.....
cheers PAUL

ps with 25 minutes left it is 0-1 to Madrid

Sorry to hear that this fight is not over yet. I thought it would be settled in a couple of weeks: dragging it longer is a loss for everyone. :(

Thanks, Paul, for keeping us up-to-date!

Thanks for the update Paul...If it helps I uttered a few 'FFS' when I switched on the TV yesterday morning and there was no game.

Am I mistaken or was GOL TV broadcasting La Liga on Saturday live?

Saturday's game was never going to be a problem: Levante have a contract with Valencian station Canal 9, who in turn have an agreement with Mediapro - ie us. It's the clubs who have agreement with Sogecable/Audiovisual who won't let us in. Not because they don't want to, i must say, but because they would then face possible legal action from Audiovisual if they did so.

At the moment it looks as if Barca - Atlelico should be Ok next week...The Spanish league have programmed it for 5pm local time (the same time as R Madrid - Recreativo). We got in there last time...so by logic this time we should........Oh bollocks, logic has no place here. Watch this space.

WorldSportHD is now confirming: SUNDAY October 7th at 10:58a ET: Barcelona vs Atletico Madrid

Ilya,

thanks for the update. I am looking forward to see see Aguero vs Messi. Also I wonder how Barcelona's defense will do with all the injuries they have.

I wouldn't get too excited about Barca - Atletico. Seems Barca are refusing (under pressure from Sogecable/Audiovisual Sport) to give us accreditation to enter the Camp Nou and we will probably have to bring you a different game, although almost certainly at the same time.

I try not to take sides in the dispute, BUT Sogecable seem to be doing their best to ruin La Liga for everyone outside of Spain. It's petty, mean, small minded and vindictive and just plain wrong.

I'll bring you more details as soon as I can.

cheers PAUL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)