La Liga Season 2007-2008 on WorldSportHD

Oh no, there is going to be some serious cursing. The Barca-Villarreal game is not on Worldsport nor GolTV, which had shown it on their schedule.

Grrrrr.

I'm getting so effing tired of Spain and this B.S. This sh*t doesn't even happen in the Italian league with all its nonsense and corruption yet Spain can't get its act together. I just don't get it.

Well guys, I am now seriously thinking of switching from Dish Network to DirecTV, since they now have more HD channels.
Not that E* has anything to do with these broadcast problems, but live La Liga games on WorldSportHD is the main reason I haven't switched so far... :mad:

I was fairly confident that all this week the Barca game was going to be shown I tune in and voila nothing but a repeat. Grrr. I would love to know if it is related to those two dickhead companies Mediapro and AudioVisual or whatever the heck they are that seem to be dumber than what they are doing to the coverage of the Spanish league or lack thereof abroad.

Yep, I'm done with Worldsport and La Liga. Paul and company do a great job but this isn't worth the trouble.

It's been fun.

...well, when the games were on it was fun...

Go go go----- we have our flights to Valencia, we have our hire care and we have our hotel.....we have even booked our restaurant for lunch...Paella with lobster!!! and you lot though only the stars lived well!!!!!
I certainly don't blame Paul and crew for this problem but I just understand how a game can be confirmed for broadcast and then less than 24 hours later come gametime is just isn't on. Is this par for the course in Spain? It doesn't make any sense to me. :confused:

Looks like it's a an exciting game today. The score so far:

Villareal:3 - Barcelona:1

:devil:

I am agree with Ilya. Thinking to do the same soon. WorldSport getting useless like the rest of Voom our days. Oooooh well...

Edited: Spending extra $10 a month to have Voom become such a vaste.... nothing new to watch!!!!!

Sorry Paul, I really enjoyed your past efforts but I am calling this quits. Moving to another provider with more stable products.

Thanks again.

Kim

Wow. I guess I'm the only one who believes that this problem in Spain (that has nothing to do with Dish) will eventually be straightened out. I sure would hate to be stuck with a DTV contract when that day comes, which I believe will be soon.

But that's just me. I enjoy these La Liga HD broadcasts enough to wait it out and not throw in the towel over this.

Paul, looking forward to hearing your latest tales of terror on this one. :D

Oh God, what can I say? I have no idea what is happening. By all accounts there was a legal ruling just over a week ago that said things should have returned to last season's status quo.

Seems legal rulings are optional in Spain. Cos nobody seems to have taken a blind bit of difference. Sid and I travelled to Villarreal from Madrid on Saturday only to hear that the TV crew had not been allowed into the ground to set up. It was off, then on then off and then on and off again in the time it took us to drive up from Valencia to Villarreal (abot 45 miles) and have lunch.

I confess I have no idea why we were not allowed in to show the game internationally.

It was of course due to the Mediapro - Audiovisual Sport (Sogecable) battle. in the end everyone is going to lose out and it is all very depressing, God knows what will happen this week, expect lawyers flying around (the only ones making money out of this maybe??).

We are due to give Sevilla - Valencia next weekend (both won last night) but I suspect there is a chance that it could be R Madrid - Deportivo.

I'll keep you informed.
Once again sorry about this, beleive me, we are as f****d off about it as everyone.

The only consolation is that we calculate that our lunch in Villarreal was the most expensive in history (2x air tickets Madird - Valencia at appox $550 each, plus 2 hotel rooms ($200) plus car hire (another $100). That is a long way to go and a lot to spend, just to have lunch!!!!!!

FFS... At this point all you can do is laugh :rolleyes:

Went well with the rest of my day. Celtic pumped at Mordor, wins for Chelski, Manure and Liverpool:mad:

Hang in there Paul

Well, I am not calling quits yet, but the past couple of months have been frustrating as hell.
This has to stop! This media rights war is beyond ridiculous! !protest

Beyond ridiculous is the word: Last night i commentated on the Atletico Madrid - Zaragoza match (4-0 to Atletico who were excellent) in the Mediapro studio. They were allowed only one camera up in the stands to cover the game...no highlights no repeats and continued changes of focus...It had to be seen to be beleived

As i said earlier, no idea why we couldn't set up in Villarreal. Surely the legal ruling should have meant we had full and complete rights to do so.

OK, we are confirmed for Sevilla - Valencia (sadly after last week i take that to mean that we have got tickets and hotel, although Sevilla should not give us problems as they are a Mediapro club. There again so were Villarreal)...so fingers crossed for that.

There was a chance that we were going to bring you R Madrid - Deportivo, but get this. Today - thursday Real Madrid have asked for the kick off time to be changed as a result of the TV despute. instead of being on Saturday at 22.00 hrs as advertised for the past 8 days, it is onw to be played on Sunday at 17.00!!!!

How great is that for all the Deportivo fans who are travelling and have hotels for Saturday night, or for all the fans who fly in to see a Madrid game, planned ahead and booked a Saturday hotel and Sunday pm flight...and there are a lot?

Disgraceful, but i am tempted to blame the TV war rather than Madrid, who WANT their games to be seen in the US and elsewhere.

Hope to speak to you all live and loud and clear from the Sanchez Pizjuan.
Cheers

Fingers and toes crossed...:up

Sadly the only La Liga teams I've seen this season have been in the CL.

Latest news: Sat pm. Cameras are allowed into the Pizjuan and we are looking good to go.....

Should be interesting cos Juande Ramos RESIGNED as Sevilla coach last night and will sign for Tottenham in England - so added interest of new Sevilla boss in the dugout

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts