SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
lab_hd_is_back.jpg

06:00AM-09:00AM
  • cinema1_15.gif
    Rave HD: Lab: Groov (Art) Entrancing animations.

09:00AM
  • cinema1_15.gif
    Rave HD: Lab: Tank (Animals) Tropical fish in beautiful aquariums.

10:00AM
  • cinema1_15.gif
    Rave HD: Lab: Moov (Art) Video shorts created by motion designers and artists

11:00AM
  • cinema1_15.gif
    Rave HD: Lab: Window (Musical) Views of the natural world set to serene music.

12:00PM
  • cinema1_15.gif
    Rave HD: Lab: Groov (Art) Entrancing animations.

1:00PM
  • cinema1_15.gif
    Rave HD: Rave HD: Lab: Space (Art) NASA's library is brought to life by presenting images of the beyond in high definition.

2:00PM
  • cinema1_15.gif
    Rave HD: Lab: Moov (Art) Video shorts created by motion designers and artists

According to Zap2It, the RAVE-HD schedule from Saturday July 2 to Friday July 8 will have 12 hours of LAB-HD programming per day! I hope this stays a regular thing until Dish picks up the rest of the voOm channels. And I'm glad to see it starts at 4am -- I can wake up with Moov every day! :D :D

The schedule:

12am - 1am: Groov
4am - 6am: Moov
6am - 9am: Groov
9am - 10am: Tank
10am - 11am: Moov
11am - 12pm: Window
12pm - 1pm: Groov
1pm - 2pm: Space
2pm - 3pm: Moov

I see moov has ended up where I thought it should have been all along. Dead o filler material for some other channel. But from what I see they have far too much time allotted to it. People are just not going to want to see more than 30 minutes of that at one time. 3 straight hours of it is way too much IMO.

I noticed that Lab HD was back on Rave -- very logical and good move until Jabuary 2006 rolls around.

Now if we can just squeeze Worldsport into Guy TV and Rage -- I kind of got attached to Japanese baseball.

I'd rather watch my personal confuser screen saver than waste HD time on that stuff. I can find something better.

fred

Fredinva said:
I'd rather watch my personal confuser screen saver than waste HD time on that stuff. I can find something better.

fred
To each his own, but I like the LAB content.

Anybody know if they'll be showing the fireworks clip (1812 Overkill) on Lab today? Seems to me it would be kinda appropritate.... but I suppose if I don't know if/when it'll be on it'll be like that tree falling in the woods with no one around. I like me some Moov, but can't watch all day!

I finally saw some of the LAB HD content last night, a Groov segment (Berlin, with a bunch of cars moving around) It was pretty neat but deffinetly could only focus about 5 minutes. It deffinetly would make some great background video for a club and stuff

I thing the blocks of Lab on Rave are too long.

I would like to see them mix in LAB stuff between regular Rave Shows

I would also like to see them offer Lunchtime and Dinner relaxation by showing the fishtanks for a longer time at these times. It would be cool to eat dinner with the sights and sounds of the Fishtanks in the backround. :D

I Have no use for the Lab-Moov stuff. Maybe 25 years ago when LSD was still popular :rolleyes:
Give me Soundstage and more Live concerts... I like having it for background music while I am working around the house.

Kevinw said:
I Have no use for the Lab-Moov stuff. Maybe 25 years ago when LSD was still popular :rolleyes:
Give me Soundstage and more Live concerts... I like having it for background music while I am working around the house.
In a perfect world they'd have both channels 24/7, and those of you who hate the Moov stuff could ignore it at your leisure while I continue to skip The Jammys and Farm Aid and Tom Petty each and every time they show them. I'm all for Soundstage and more live concerts, but for the love of Elvis how 'bout some new ones?

Scott Greczkowski said:
I thing the blocks of Lab on Rave are too long.

I would like to see them mix in LAB stuff between regular Rave Shows

I would also like to see them offer Lunchtime and Dinner relaxation by showing the fishtanks for a longer time at these times. It would be cool to eat dinner with the sights and sounds of the Fishtanks in the backround. :D

Bingo. I dont even have it anymore but just a little commen sense would lead most to that opinion.

TheTimm said:
In a perfect world they'd have both channels 24/7, and those of you who hate the Moov stuff could ignore it at your leisure while I continue to skip The Jammys and Farm Aid and Tom Petty each and every time they show them. I'm all for Soundstage and more live concerts, but for the love of Elvis how 'bout some new ones?
LOL Hey the John Mayall and the BluesBreakers w/Eric Clapton was pretty good. Forutnatly for me It is all abckground music with pictures or something to show off HD Music videos....
On another note Sunrise Earth is the best for pretty pictures
http://dhd.discovery.com/convergence/sunriseearth/sunriseearth.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts