Laff TV to totally replace BlueHighways TV on 3/21

dishrich

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Springfield, IL
Don't know if anyone else has seen this, but this info is now up on BHTV's webpage! Hope it's still going to remain on E*... :)

http://www.bluehighwaystv.com/

LAFF-replace-BHTV-1040x600.jpg

i too would like to see blue highwaystv stay on dish they offer great excellent bluegrass music programming on that channel i watch a show on friday mornings called go bluegrass and the show is hosted by dobro player and his name is chad graves he plays with a st louis bluegrass band called the hillbenders.the show goes around to different bluegrass festivals and record alot of different bluegrass bands all across the usa.and the show is in hd also.

I was talking about Laff TV staying on DISH, after it takes over BHTV completely on 3/21...appears to me that BHTV is biting the dust...or maybe it's going to a streaming-only channel - who knows.
Maybe we'll know more in a week...

Appears it will still exist, in what form is the question though perhaps streaming only, SlingTv.

i am wondering the same thing also will they go into sling tv. or are they going to have a different channel number i have been trying to get them to get on dish for a long while and in high definiton.so who knows what is going on i sent them a tweet on their twitter page wondering what is going on?

Well along this same line, when I happened to have the end credits of Hazel on the other day, on FETV ch 82, they were abruptly cut off & went right into Charlie's Angels on COZI TV. (the COZI TV logo came on the bottom right corner of the screen) BUT, when this happened, the fetv logo remained in the upper right hand corner of the screen as well...so evidently, FETV themselves are using COZI TV for their programming at least part of the time. (I actually thought this was something E* was doing, NOT FETV themselves) FETV also has noted the COZI TV programs as being on their channel on their own website now...wonder if this means anything about the future of FETV???

Is this the Dish Solution to NOT carrying Guide data for all Local Sub channels that we get free over the air with the USB tuner?
-
SOLUTION: just carry the sub channels national wide on the Sat if the channel agrees to it?
Dish should have plenty of space for ALL the channels as they are just SD channels. Maybe turn off channel 100 now that the Sports mode is out and use that space to carry the dozen or so sub channels that are out there. DIRT

Reactions: pattykay
Is this the Dish Solution to NOT carrying Guide data for all Local Sub channels that we get free over the air with the USB tuner?
-
SOLUTION: just carry the sub channels national wide on the Sat if the channel agrees to it?
Dish should have plenty of space for ALL the channels as they are just SD channels. Maybe turn off channel 100 now that the Sports mode is out and use that space to carry the dozen or so sub channels that are out there. DIRT
Locals said no

Maybe turn off channel 100 now that the Sports mode is out
Which channel 100, Dish Home or Hopper Multi-view? If you mean Dish Home, I agree that there are not many apps left there. So, that could go away, and each remaining app could get its own channel number like The Weather Channel Interactive has.

-
This works fairly well for the missing guide data on the WEWS sub-channels. (COZI and LAFF)

Actually they are carrying the National feed on LAFF on that channel so local have no say in the manner.
LAFF now gets more AD dollars as everyone gets the channel.
Dish could carry the national feeds of Justice, Comet (sic fi), COZI, Retro, GRIT, ESCAPE,METV, etc IF they owners of that national feed allowed it.
Not everyone purchased the $30 USB tuner to get the local channel so I would think they would all get more AD dollars by doing this. Win Win for all.

Actually they are carrying the National feed on LAFF on that channel so local have no say in the manner.
LAFF now gets more AD dollars as everyone gets the channel.
Dish could carry the national feeds of Justice, Comet (sic fi), COZI, Retro, GRIT, ESCAPE,METV, etc IF they owners of that national feed allowed it.
Not everyone purchased the $30 USB tuner to get the local channel so I would think they would all get more AD dollars by doing this. Win Win for all.
Depends on the contract..if the local has exclusivity

Well along this same line, when I happened to have the end credits of Hazel on the other day, on FETV ch 82, they were abruptly cut off & went right into Charlie's Angels on COZI TV. (the COZI TV logo came on the bottom right corner of the screen) BUT, when this happened, the fetv logo remained in the upper right hand corner of the screen as well...so evidently, FETV themselves are using COZI TV for their programming at least part of the time. (I actually thought this was something E* was doing, NOT FETV themselves) FETV also has noted the COZI TV programs as being on their channel on their own website now...wonder if this means anything about the future of FETV???

Hasn't this been the case since FETV started carrying COZI? I always was under the impression that FETV needed some better programming and so they contracted with COZI. I don't think DISH was involved in the decision by FETV to carry COZI. You'd think that if DISH wanted COZI they'd get it directly, but since it's part of NBC, well... :D

Which sub channels then have the ability (no local contract) to have a national feed on satellite like GetTV, and LAFF?
GetTV is due to the owner (Sony) and the agreement with local affiliates. GetTV provides ALL advertising. Most diginets is a split between local affiliate and the diginet

Hasn't this been the case since FETV started carrying COZI?

It may very well have been...but when I've seen the same thing happen in the past months, (switch right to COZI prog) I swore I saw the FETV corner logo disappear right at that moment...but maybe I wasn't paying that close attention. I guess I figured...why would a channel like this, simply "rebroadcast" another broadcast channel like any other station would - just seemed kind of strange to me at the time. But, I should have realized...ANYTHING is possible these days in TV! :D

You are correct COZI is on FETV at night.
So it sounds like this is starting to happen already. LAFF and COZI (part time). Give it a few years.
There is money to be made by the small networks if they get national wide carriage on Dish or Directv (most don't have the $30 USB over the air tuner and can't watch their network and ADs).

Which sub channels then have the ability (no local contract) to have a national feed on satellite like GetTV, and LAFF?

There is a sub channel called Heroes and Icons that is carried nationally on Uverse. Has some interesting TV series from the past like Combat! and Mannix. I enjoyed it but Get-TV has better all around content.

http://www.heroesandiconstv.com/shows/

Reactions: jegrant

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)