Lager Dish & pole mounting

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hoytracing

Original poster
Oct 29, 2004
Looking for a larger dish to use due to rain/snow fade. Currently using Dish 500 dish. Anyone know of a larger dish that would work?? Also must put dish on a 9ft pole and was wondering how much pole must be in the ground for that height. Any info would be helpful.

If you google for this, you will find the recommendation for a fence post is 1/3 of the height above ground. I think 30 to 36 inches is good.

One question I have for this weekend. Some say to use Quikrete and stop 3 -4 inches below the surface and fill in with earth. Others say bring it up over the surface and tilt the finish down to let water run off.

For my BUD in my area, my 8' mount pipe goes 3' into the ground, which is just over 1/3 INTO the ground for a dish with far more weight and wind capturing. It is a 4" OD pipe though. If you need a DBS (even the larger ones) 9' in the air (no very safe), I would look into a roof mount/chimney kit. If you have to, I would sink it 5' into the ground and brace it into a wall of the house or something, toward the top. I would also see about a more ridgid pipe than standard. Use high-load bearing quikrete.

I also agree with the quikrete about 2" over the ground and about a square foot or so, to form a tiny pad; sloped at a few degrees for run-off and extra stability.

Mount Options

Installing posts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)