Suggestion for/about Satellite Expo 05

justsatellites

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 5, 2004
We were in Memphis all day today meeting with caterers, decorators, the zoning board....yep even with the "beverage board". And I came away with one suggestion I would like to make to everyone that is supporting us so well on these forums. This was just a personal observation, one that I think everyone that is planning on attending the Expo might be interested in.

The Saturday night dealer appreciation party (free food, plenty of free "adult beverages, live band) is going to held at the Park Place Hotel, one of our two host hotels. This is a really nice hotel, just newly completely renovated to the tune of $4 million dollars. Any event we have that is held off premises will be held at the Park Place. As of today 10/28 they only have around 115 rooms left (kings and doubles). The rate is the same at either of our host hotels, but when you take into consideration that the party is going to be at the hotel on Saturday night, and the fact that this hotel is nicer of our two host hotels, I would rather see this hotel fill up with Dealers/Retailers & Technicians. Just so you know, the promoter of the show today turned down the comp offer of the Presidential Suite and booked his "king room" at the Park Place...what does that tell you Anyway, just trying to look out for the dealers/technicians like we promised we would.

By the way, the Expo doesn't make a cent off any of these rooms, they were blocked as a service to those attending the show, so we have no reason to push one hotel over the other except as noted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts