Lagging Response from Receiver

poops

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 21, 2005
I have a Tech coming out tomorrow to take a look but, I figured I would ask here first...

For the past few days, my 622 receiver has been VERY slow to respond to remote control commands. I mean really slow. Yes, I've tried fresh batteries and there are no obstructions b/w the remote and receiver.

Also, when trying to watch a recorded program from the DVR, the program keeps freezing. It freezes for about 3-5 seconds then, resumes playing again. It's funny, 'cause while watching the show, live, it doesn't freeze.

This is killing me 'cause I can't watch the golf PGA Championship that I recorded while I'm at work.

I've tried unplugging the receiver and plugging it back in. I've done a reset. Nothing works. Is it time for a new receiver?

It's so bad, it's unwatchable.

Can anyone offer any ideas of what to check for?

Me thinks you are in line for a new 622. Bad thing is, anything on the hard drive will be lost unless you have an EHD to transfer your programs to before the tech installs the new one. Hopefully he won't have a 622 on his truck and you'll get a 722k instead. Much more reliable in my opinion. If he does have only a 722k available for the swap and you have an off air antenna connected to the 622, make sure he gives you an OTA module at no cost. Seeing you had OTA's before you shouldn't have to pay for the module. Or quickly get one hooked up before he gets there. That way you are ab;e to record 4 programs at once, 2 sat and 2 off air. Gives you more recording options. I love mine!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)