Language Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

theebdk

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
I have the HD H20-100 in my bedroom and it frequently changes the language from English to Spanish. I enter the settings area then display and am constantly changing it back to English and then clicking on done. But a day or two later the problem appears again. I think I am operating the latest software as I downloaded the new software a few weeks back.

Any suggestions? It is very annoying.

i had that happen to a non-DirecTV device a while back. It had RF remote and the neighbor had the exact same in his step son's room; who was changing his device to Spanish. Turns out each other's remotes were effecting them other's. I changed my remote address, and it went away. Not saying this is happening to you for sure, but a guess.

That is interesting Charper. I know my neighbors and none of them speak spanish as a native language. Plus our houses are fairly far apart as they are half acre and 3/4 acre plots. But that is an interesting problem. Thanks

Guess that end thats theory. And if you are not using RF remote, that would end it too.

Next user with a suggestion?

Guess that end thats theory. And if you are not using RF remote, that would end it too.

Next user with a suggestion?
uhhhh... maybe a default language setting got changed in your setup? Maybe it just needs a good reset (as opposed to a bad one.. ;p) Check your language settings and see if something comes up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)