Laredo TX HD/SD Local Channels

DSpud

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
Laredo, TX
I know the information is on here somewhere, but I have searched for it and can't seem to find it. Is there any information on when the Laredo HD locals are SUPPOSED to launch? I thought I saw some information on Laredo HD locals recently on here.

Also, anyone in the Laredo Market, What do you do for ABC and PBS. It does not appear that they are available through dish :(

Wow, thats vague even for Dish Network. Well ok, anyone know how I would be able to obtain ABC through dish network? If they dont' provide it as a local, I guess I am not able to get a distant channel, right?

dish cannot provide what doesnt exist. until an ABC affiliate opens shop in the Laredo demographic, there wont be an ABC to obtain through dish. only hope is for the shvria act to go in a positive manner for the sat co's. same goes for pbs. perhaps in the future if shvria does goe through then maybe houstons abc can be imported. im pretty sure the spotbeam would reach. iceberg or digiblur would probably be able to confirm. if you cant wait, perhaps a "move" might be in order.

Spotbeam maps are located in TheList for anyone to browse. Find the locals, and click the spotbeam it is located on for the map.

well, from the list it looks like San Antonio would get you fox nbc abc and cbs all in hd. laredo is in the spot beam. houston, too far away. besides, san anton would probably feel more local then houston anyways.

I have thought about doing a "move" to San Antonio after I have the install done, but I just don't understand why Direct TV can offer ABC (KSAT out of San Antonio) in the Laredo Market, but Dish cannot. KSAT according to wikipedia is the station that offers ABC in this market.

I thought that might have something to do with it. But damn, if Direct TV can offer it, Dish should be too. Its not like Dish is selling and of market station. KSAT out of San Antonio IS the ABC affiliate for the Laredo Market!

The station also serves as the default ABC affiliate for the Laredo market, which does not have an ABC affiliate of its own.
- Wikipedia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)