Large MRV/SWM System install Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jman1176

Original poster
Dec 11, 2011
Las Vegas
I have a large residential system (16 HD-DVRs / 5 HD Receivers) that I'm converting to a MRV / SWM system. I've got the SWM system all laid out with cascading SWM Multiswitches. My question is will the MVR data and programming feed from one multiswitch to the other? i.e. will i be able to view content from dvr A (on switch A), on receiver B (on switch B)?

jman1176 said:
I have a large residential system (16 HD-DVRs / 5 HD Receivers) that I'm converting to a MRV / SWM system. I've got the SWM system all laid out with cascading SWM Multiswitches. My question is will the MVR data and programming feed from one multiswitch to the other? i.e. will i be able to view content from dvr A (on switch A), on receiver B (on switch B)?

Not a clue, I'm just curious as to how you ended up with 16 HDDVR's!? Thats insane!

sounds like a good time. lol.

What switches are you planning on using. a swm32 and a swm 8? should be enough but Idk about the remote viewing.

Is there any way you can run CAT5 to each Receiver and do the Remote viewing threw switches.

jman1176 said:

You might as well put in an FMC-6. haha

I agree with with post above. Also, I thought there was a way to feed into one of the flex ports to combine the two for MRV purposes. Forget exactly how it was done.

Those big jobs are the ones I love to install. Screw the 1 and 2 rooms. I like 8 rooms and above.

The multiswitches are old tech. They won't pass the multiroom.
Neither will a SWM-32 from 1 16 side to the other.

You shoud get a E-2 or E-4 & use SWM-8s or SWM-16's

You'll only be able to multiroom through 1- 16- it self, or 1 8 to itself.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts