Las Vegas OTA SUBCHANNEL GUIDE INACCURATE!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
some of that is simple fix for the channels that were already there and just moved around, just getting someone that cares enough to get it to the right person to make the changes on Dish's end. The rest is just corporate BS not providing any data for new additions.

Reactions: foghorn2
some of that is simple fix for the channels that were already there and just moved around, just getting someone that cares enough to get it to the right person to make the changes on Dish's end. The rest is just corporate BS not providing any data for new additions.

Agree.

Ok lets first see how valuable Dirt really is here. Will be reaching out to one as soon as I see one here online.

I reached out to Speedy. Not Slo-Poke Rodriguez. My impression is that he's the best out of the bunch.
Crossing fingers.

Yes, perfect thread because it already has all the info. My screenshots and your diagnosis and possible solution.

Reactions: Mr Tony
It would be nice if someone cared enough to try to fix this issue.

Exactly! Its not like we are getting this stuff for free, I pay fees and purchased the dongle and it should be an easy fix.

Well it looks line Matt has looked at this thread but no response yet. We shall see if they really care or not and the true usefulness of DIRT in the grand scheme of things.

No updates, looks like Dirt has not been successful and or not responding and or not taking action. Don't know yet.

3-02 has been fixed, strange since the other ones have not been fixed. Its a spanish channel so I could careless unless it says Noticias so i can notice the weather ladies' @s

I don't know why Dish no longer does it. I realize it takes a person some time to look up the info and update the database, but what's the threshold ? If they can do it in less than 1 hour a month ? Who knows.....
That's one major reason, no doubt. Face it, no one subscribes to Dish's programming just to get the hardware with OTA capability. If Dish shut off the OTA dongle, I won't cancel their service and I assure you, very, very few customers will.
As Iceberg points out, DirecTV does it by tying their system directly to Tribune's. Why can't Dish do this?
It only takes some effort for the initial configuration. Then, it's on auto-pilot.

Dish may be forced to do something now, Sinclair has just stopped the nbc simulcast on 21.1 (rf 2.1) and replaced it with antenna tv. 21.1 I believe is must carry.

In this situation, I'm pretty sure that guide data will correct itself shortly.

What is being broadcast on satellite channel 21-0 ? I presume it's Antenna TV. What does the guide show for the channel logo, NBC or Antenna TV, and what about the guide data itself ?

Scan was done. 21.0- which you see in the first picture- was carried by sat. It's non-existent now. 21.1 which is now Antenna TV has channel 3's guide data and a NBC PeeCock logo.

SO basically Dish just eliminated 21.0 which should be 21.1

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)