Last and Next 3D Movie

Don Landis said:
Prometheus - Ive watched my copy 4 times now. Enjoying it more each time. One of those I began checking out the 2D copy and didn't get far. 3D was so much more interesting. This is one movie that 3D really adds to the visual.

Yeah I think this is my favorite Blu-ray. I thought the 2D was really good. Great picture and sound but the 3D is much better.

just received creature from the black lagoon from amazon uk.Universal did a great job digitaly remastering this classic bw film of the 50's. the pop outs were good and the picture quality was excellent. I hope they release revenge in its 3d form. creature walks among us was in 2D and not very good.I would hope other studios would release some of their 50"s 3D films. some were very good and others were just ok.

I'm waiting on The Amazing Spider-Man 3D now. I never saw it in the theater so I'm looking forward to this one.

Last: Brave 3D

Terrific movie. It has two separate lossless tracks 5.1 and 7.1. 5.1 True Hd was awesome. I'll try the 7.1 track in the theater sometime soon.

S~

What is the rental place you use?

If you have a family video franchise in your area they might have 3D rentals. I randomly went into ours for the first time in years a few weeks ago and was surprised to see that they had 3D. They didn't have every movie like that website does but they did have just about everything released in the last 6 months or so. They also seemed to have most of the more popular older releases but not all of them. They have a good enough selection for me and most of them are only $1 for 5 days. I believe the new releases were about $3 for 2 days.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD using tapatalk 2

If you have a family video franchise in your area they might have 3D rentals. I randomly went into ours for the first time in years a few weeks ago and was surprised to see that they had 3D. They didn't have every movie like that website does but they did have just about everything released in the last 6 months or so. They also seemed to have most of the more popular older releases but not all of them. They have a good enough selection for me and most of them are only $1 for 5 days. I believe the new releases were about $3 for 2 days.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD using tapatalk 2

No we don't and those online places are way over priced. Rent 3 and you could have bought one.

Word of warning on false advertising of 3D

If you are renting from Blockbuster, be wary of any new titles that are in boxes with labels stating the disk is "3D" I picked up titles yesterday, both stated the title was "3D Blu Ray" I had the assistant manager open the box to check the disk and inside the disk had no such 3D labeling. In both cases the titles for Blu Ray 2D were also available absent any claim to 3D. Asst. Manager said that they are having problems with "corporate" sending these mixed messages about 3D. Two weeks ago, they got 2 copies Blu Ray 3D in that were indeed 3D only. The problem is twofold. The 3D only disks don't play in 2D players. And people wishing for 3D rent them based on the cover label and get home and it is not 3D.
She said they get many requests for 3D but when they request 3D from "Corporate" the hard line is they don't do 3D because no one has ever requested it. :rolleyes: But they have a few 3D titles on the shelves.

No we don't and those online places are way over priced. Rent 3 and you could have bought one.

True, however here's how I look at it. Most 3D titles I have purchased averaging $28 cost I have only watched one time. With that in mind, even their top price at $7.99 saves me an average of $20 a title. Any title that I know will be a good one to watch more often, like Prometheus 3D, I bought that outright. There are enough titles coming out now in 3D that I've been able to see and afford 3 times the number. With that number new titles, I don't have the time to watch older titles multiple times.

Last: Creature from the Black Lagoon

That was well done. Looks 100 times better than Dial M for Murder. They need to release the sequel in 3D.

S~

purchased creature form amazon uk and i must say they did a great job in digitaly masterring this movie. I hope other studios will follow.

Saw Titanic 100 years in 3D last night. It was nicely done documentary style by the History Channel, good 3D and image quality, much better than I expected.

Next- Arthur Christmas in 3D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)